Chapter Forty-Seven

"Why weren't you at the Met Gala last night?" -Mercedes Carter 

----------

A L L Y ' S  P O V

I was sitting on my bed, watching the Met Gala on my laptop. Correction, I was sitting on my bed, wallowing in my self-pity. I was wearing a gray tank top, tiedye sweatpants, fuzzy socks, and some necklaces. I tried doing my hair but my arms got tired so one side is tighter than the other. I had one of my favorite mugs cuddled to my chest, sampling warmth.

It was filled to the brim with my bland, vanilla coffee

It was filled to the brim with my bland, vanilla coffee. I don't care what anybody says, vanilla is the best flavour of literally anything: ice cream, coffee, wafers, scents. It was my second cup of coffee with three shots of caffeine because I couldn't get out of bed. Heck, I still can't get out from under my duvet.

I watched as many celebrities walk up the red carpet in their extravagant outfits: Zendaya, Serena Williams, Beyonce, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, and the Diamantes' of course. Mia uses her time deliberately on the red carpet, but after the spotlight ended, she grew a bored face. Hudson looked sad but kept his head up. I couldn't read Aaron's face, but Peyton looked similar to Hudson.

I like to act like their sad that I wasn't with them, but that probably wasn't the case. All four of the family were pulled to separate reporters but I clicked to see Hudson's interview.

Aaron's questions were mainly about the Diamantes' company. Peyton's were about the company as well, since she works there. Mia's were about her look, but Hudson's were about him and me. Who's surprised?

Hudson stuffed his hands in his pockets and slyly bit his lip. Something he does when he's uncomfortable.

"Hello, Hudson Diamante!" The reporter said enthusiastically, "How are you tonight?"

"I'm doing good, thank you. I'm excited to be back for another year!" Hudson responded in his fake, happy voice.

The reporter nodded before looking Hudson up and down. "I'll murder you," I stated out loud. I took a long sip of coffee, regretting not pouring a few shots of liquor in my mug.

"So what inspired you with this look tonight?" The reporter asked, moving her hair behind her shoulder and fluttering her lashes.

I couldn't handle the flirting and stood up from my bed. I left my mug on my nightstand and walked over to my dresser. Rumbling through my underwear drawer, I found my secret stash of Raspberry Vodka. I took the large, glass bottle back to my bed and ignored my coffee.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures," I whispered to myself before taking a swig of the liquid. I squeezed my eyes together as the liquid burned down my throat. I coughed a few times from forgetting how strong vodka is.