Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Busted" -Hudson Diamante

----------

H U D S O N ' S   P O V
One week later...

Ally has barricaded herself in her room. For a week. She says she 'doesn't feel well' and that may be true considering she's been throwing up, but she doesn't seem sick. It's odd.

I started today the same way I start every school day: wake up, fall asleep again, go to the bathroom, eat breakfast, get ready last minute, and take Ally and Tanner to school. It's been that way for almost three months now.

I'm wearing a burgundy hoodie, black jeans, a black jacket, and white Adidas shoes. Yes, I'm wearing a hoodie and a jacket because -- no matter what Ally says -- it's getting cold in California. I'm driving out down the road next to the beach when I decided that Ally isn't going to be bored today.

I don't care if she's sick, I'm going to make this day enjoyable for her.

I turn the corner and make way to that little cafe she loves so much. I don't know why there are way better cafes here than this one. But no, she prefers 'Afternoon Tease' well that's fitting for her.

I park and enter the small cafe, then walk up to the cashier. I order Ally's favourite tea — Green tea unsweetened — because I read somewhere that caffeine can cause nausea and cramps.

Plus Ally's British and all Brits like tea. Right?

Then I ordered a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a Blueberry muffin for me.

I like muffins. Wink wink.

I don't have to wait long for my order, I walk up to receive my food from the waitress but she recognizes me. No shock there. "You're Hudson Diamante! Can I get a picture real quick?"

I look from her to the door and at my watch. I shrug, "Sure."

She walks around the counter, her coworker scolding her for getting off task. I put the food back onto the counter, and gently wrap my arm around her.

"Thank you," She says but before I can respond she continues. "Your girlfriend comes here a lot, y'know. Tell her Julianne said hi." I nod my head quickly and exit the cafe with the paper bag, ignoring the camera flashes and people asking for pictures and autographs.

I drive back to my place forgetting about the security positioned at the front. I pull up the gate and turn to see Frank, a security guard, looking at me smugly.

"You aren't skipping school are you Hudson?" He asks. "I won't have to call your parents will I?"

I shake my head no, "I forgot my math homework, came back to grab it."

He nods and turns to open the gate. Before I move my car through he says, "Math homework, right."

I chuckle and drive up to my house. My parents both drive to work at the same time which is around twenty minutes ago. Let's hope today isn't any different.

I park into my space and unbuckle my seatbelt, grabbing her food and walking upstairs. They weren't here; good. I make my way to her room and open the door. She's awake, and watching something on her laptop.

Which isn't made by KD Tech. I snort, I know what I'm getting her for Christmas.

She turns as she hears the door open. "Hud, what are you doing here?" She asks, her voice scratchy. I smile, I like when she calls me that.

I walk up to her and sat the food on her nightstand. "I'm here to make you comfortable." Up close I see that she had tear stains running down her face.