Chapter Thirty-One

"Movie night just got a whole lot better" -Hudson Diamante

----------

A L L Y ' S  P O V

I wake up from my sleep from a cry next to me. Then I feel something crawling on my stomach, causing me to wake up. My eyelids open to the view of Puppy crying and wailing on my stomach.

I comb my fingers through his fur, "What's wrong, Gorgeous?" I just get the same cries from before. I pick him up in my arms and start my adventure downstairs.

We go outside first, and then I feed him more turkey slices. We need to go get dog supplies shopping today. Puppy eats and drinks and does his business, and then Mia enters the living room, eyes lasering to the puppy by my side on the couch.

Her eyes widen immensely. "It was true! You did get a puppy!" She rushes over to the couch and swipes him up, startling the dog.

Puppy squirms trying to get out of Mia's embrace, eventually he reaches his goal and falls out of her arms onto the marble floor. Once he realized he was once again on the floor, he scrambled to rest behind my legs. I look to Mia and she looks to be a mix of sad and embarrassed.

"Don't be upset, I don't think he was treated well at his old home." Mia nods and comes to sit down next to me. I pick him up off the ground and place him in my lap. Mia reaches out slowly and Puppy sniffs her hand.

He seems calm but cautious.

The puppy started warming up to Mia after a few minutes then Hudson appeared coming down the stairway.

"Morning guys." Hudson walked right over to us and picked up Puppy from my lap. The dog started continuously licking and playing with Hudson. "He likes me more. Us guys need to stick together."

"Pfft. Whatever, we both know he prefers me. I was the one who saved him after all." I raise my brows. Hudson chuckled.

"We need to either get him chipped or get a collar for the little guy. Want to go to PetSmart?" Hudson requested.

Before I could reply, Mia did. "Yes, let's go right now!"

I look at the clock, which reads 10:04 am. "Is anywhere even open right now? Where are Peyton and Aaron?" I ask, looking at Mia.

"Still sleeping, and PetSmart opens at 10 o'clock, so we could leave now if we wanted to." Mia answers. Hudson puts Puppy back on the floor and he goes sniffing around the room.

Hudson shrugs his shoulders. "We could go right now, I don't really care."

Mia jumps up from her seat, "Yay! Let's go right now! I'll get my shoes!" She runs off finding her shoes. I skip up to Hudson, raising an eyebrow.

"You ready?" I ask.

"Always." He answers.

*

*

*

"What colour should we buy?" I ask Hudson holding up a turquoise and a green collar. Hudson looks at the two then grabs the turquoise one and throws it in the cart.

"Ok then." I smile, picking up the matching leash and tossing it with the rest of things we have already picked up: dog dishes, food, two boxes of treats, many dog toys, and a dog bowtie.

Don't ask.

"I don't understand why you aren't picking everything out. It's your dog, not mine." Hudson exclaims while petting Puppy who's currently in the cart.