Chapter Twenty-Six

"Sorry, is my behavior too 'commoner' for you?" -Ally Parker

----------

A L L Y ' S P O V

Ever since my father called me saying how he was coming to visit this weekend, I've been on a happiness streak. I've been more jumpy and excited about things. Even school is a normal thing for me.

Hudson noticed it too. He always says how he loves it when I'm happy, so he's been in a relatively good mood as well. Although I actually think that he is really stressing out for my father coming. Strange isn't it?

I've also been kind of stressing about this gala Hudson talked to me about. That's right, Hudson asked me to a Gala. Not just any Gala, the Fall Gala. It's a lot like a regular Gala for famous people, but instead of only inviting celebrities of a specific category, they invite all celebrities of different jobs and fame worlds.

So that's... fun.

That's where I'm at right now, in a store, with Peyton, shopping for formal accessories.

Again... fun.

I prefer to stay in the Dillards section, but Peyton tries to continue steering me to the luxury shopping area. She already took me to the diamond jewelry store. She tricked me by asking me which collection was my favorite and that she would get that collection for herself, but she actually got it for me.

So much... fun.

Jokes on her though because I didn't even get jewelry that was that expensive.

So... HAH!

I don't know how I'm going to end up paying this all off though. Every time I bring that up to Peyton she always just smiles and looks away. That's... weird.

At least we weren't shopping for dresses because that takes way too long. Oh, I forgot to mention, I was sent a dress. From Versace. Me. A girl from nothing was given a thousand dollar dress to wear at this event.

I really just can't.

Truth be told many different designer brands are sponsoring the Diamante family for this event. For example, Aaron is wearing Armani, Hudson is wearing Dolce & Gabbana, Peyton is wearing Dior, and Mia is wearing Gucci.

I will never get used to this, but I want to.

Tonight is supposed to be crazy in the house too. Peyton said it will be overwhelmed with makeup artists, hair stylists, and fashion arrangers. They have people to sit there and judge your outfit. That's for the guys too, so there's like five people in each category.

This is Los Angeles, everybody.

"What do you think about this?" Peyton asks holding up a silk scarf, wrapping it around her neck. I look up from my phone.

I chuckle silently, "It's lovely, Peyton. Totally worth the..." I check the price tag, "three-hundred dollars."

Peyton laughs at my sarcasm. "Okay, okay, but this is your first event I want it to be..." she pauses looking at all the purses, "Memorable."

"And I'm sure it will be. It would be just as memorable if I wore one of my own dresses and heels, and didn't have a makeup or hair artist." I walk around her and pick up a Louis Vuitton phone case to gaze at. "I know you want it to be special to me, for an unknown reason, but I don't want you to go out and spend millions on me. You offered your home for me to stay in, that's all I could ask for."