Chapter Forty-One

I know that I'm a shitty updater and i used to be really good at that but i have been STRESSED. so that being said, enjoy this five page chapter!

"Regular or glow in the dark?" -Hudson Diamante

----------

A L L Y ' S P O V

The previous two days with my father has been very tense and awkward. We hung out and I showed him my favourite places, went to restaurants, and done other things. He acted the same every time: silent, calm, and overall not himself.

I didn't apologize, I wouldn't know what to apologize for. I spoke the truth, how it really is in real life. If it is the truth, then why do I feel bad? I know I shouldn't be feeling guilty, but here I am; full of guilt.

Even after all the neglect and carelessness, he acts towards me, I can't help but care for his feelings. Which is quite annoying, considering he doesn't show much feeling for how he acts towards me. He hasn't apologized for his attitude towards me, why should I?

I sigh while I pack outfit after outfit in my duffle bag. Well, Hudson's duffle bag. I didn't try much today, considering I'll be in a car most of today, so I wore a large shirt and spandex. I'm very fancy.

I packed what I believe I'll need from the small description of what Hudson told me they do. Shirts, shorts, swimsuits, underwear, and PJs. With my electronics, their chargers, and toiletries. Other than that I'm leaving everything here.

It's also the day where my dad goes back to England. Am I upset to see him leave? Yes. Am I upset that the argument is being left where it was? Yes. I assume that he had already left for the airport if I recall his plane was planned for taking off around nine and it's nine-thirty.

I finish zipping up the bag and swing the strap over my shoulder. When I turn to leave the room however I hear a small whimper. Humphrey.

Seeing the puppy's anxious eyes staring back at me made me drop the bag to the floor and have one more cuddle session before I leave. I pick him off the floor and hold him to my body. He isn't as small as he once was, but still small enough for me to cuddle with him.

I kiss the top of his head before setting him back down. I grip the straps of my duffle and walk downstairs, the sound of paws following in the background. I drop my stuff on the floor before walking to the kitchen, where all the sound was coming from.

I saw maids and butlers walking around picking up plates of where everyone used to be, also finding my dad and Hudson sitting at the table. My head tilts at the sight of arguably the two most important guys in my life -- for right now anyway -- not fighting.

"Woah, my father and Hudson Diamante in the same room and not going at each other's throats? Someone call the doctor!" I joke, secretly really happy for them getting along.

I may not be the most traditional, but I want my father's approval on the guy I want to marry. Whether that be Hudson or some other guy I find along the way. I want my dad and him to get along.

My dad clears his throat and stands up, messing with the collar of his shirt. "Yes, well, we discussed our thoughts and beliefs and realized that our behaviour was affecting you." He says, coming up and giving me a side hug.

"Well, that was big of you," I say, returning the hug. My smile is so big, you could see all my teeth. My boyfriend and my dad don't hate each other, and my dad is talking to me again! What could make this day any better?