Chapter Ten

Alannah's POV

It has been two days since Hudson and I had our conversation; our last conversation.

He has been ignoring me like the plague ever since he and I opened up the tiniest bit at the waterfall. I tried to talk to him -- multiple times -- but there's no use. He doesn't want me to talk to him.

Sure, he'll respond to what I'm saying with monotone words on a good day. But other days not one word will come out of his mouth that is directed to me.

The thing I'm annoyed mostly about is that I thought we were past this! He was once again so friendly and conversational, but now he's acting like a huge jerk! I should've seen this coming, but I had hope. Which was a mistake.

It's now Monday and I have just got done with school, I was called out 30 minutes early, for which I don't know why. I'm walking down the hallways that I have still not gotten used to. The soles of my black vans are hitting the floor, making a tapping sound overflow the hallway. Nobody is out here, none digging through their lockers, or rushing to get to class.

I walk into the front office, and the lady hands me the clipboard to sign out. She tells me 'You can just walk on out when your ready.' I scrunch my eyebrows, before leaving the building I peek through the window to see who was in fact waiting for me.

There was a black rolls royce in the parking lot. I walk out to that car because it's the only one out there. The window rolls down with Peyton in the passenger seat and Aaron in the driver's seat.

"Hey Ally, get in." Peyton says quickly and rolls the window back up. My head tilts to the right a little, but I follow the request anyway. I open the car door and hop onto the leather seats.

"Why am I being picked up?" I put my seat belt on and look to the front of the car.

"Hudson has an away game after school. He can't take you home." Aaron responds, looking forward.

I notice in the rear view mirror, there's a black Cadillac Escalade following us. I'm assuming they're the security that Mia was describing.

We drive for about ten minutes until we stop into the garage. I was about to leave the car, but Aaron spoke stopping me in my tracks. "Alannah, I need to pick up Mia. Do you want to come?"

I would have said no, but the look in his face told me he had something to say. Something to ask. So I nodded, and sat back in my seat. Peyton looked to me and nodded with a small smile on her face.

"Well then I will see you guys later." She left the car, and Aaron backed the car out once again.

The car was in a slow silence with nobody talking, but it wasn't awkward. It was just... silent. "Did you have a nice day Ally?" He asks out of the blue.

"Yes, I did. What about you?"

We parked in a parking lot behind a large modern-looking building. This definitely isn't a school. "Well my day was fine, but I spent some time thinking, why my son wouldn't show up at dinner for the past two days." He looks to me with a smirk that says, 'I know what happened.'

I look straight ahead at the building once again, and shrug my shoulders. "I don't know what his deal is. I've been trying to find out myself." I say, it came out harsher than I had meant it too, but Aaron didn't mind.

Aaron was a really laid back kind of guy, for being a billionaire anyways. In fact, he chuckled. "He's a puzzle, that one. Anyway I took you here because on the other side of this building is a cafe where I have someone I would like you to meet."