Chapter Five

Ally's POV

We exit the gate and turn right, after like two minutes I saw the shoreline. Where I'm from, it's normally warm, but nowhere near this temperature. I see people surfing, tanning, and having fun. I'm assuming they are older or younger because why wouldn't they be in school?

After a five minute drive, Hudson pulls up to a brick house. It wasn't big, but it definitely wasn't the size of an average house. A cute guy with dark brown -- almost black -- hair, came walking down the steps of the house. He had on a hoodie, some black jeans, and a pair of white Alpha bounce Adidas shoes. He was carrying a black jansport backpack on his shoulder, and he waved to Hudson.

If all the guys that live here are going to be this good looking, I'm think I'm going to like it here.

My thoughts get interrupted by a certain someone that likes to annoy me, "Stop eye fucking my friend." And old Hudson is back!

I was about to say something snarky back, but the car door opened and in came pretty boy. "Hey Hudson." He either doesn't know I'm here or he's avoiding me. I hope he's nice, I don't need another bully in my life -- I already seem to have one, if you catch my drift.

"Hi Tanner," Hudson replies. Ok cute guy's name is Tanner. I softly smirk to myself, looking out the window.

I decide to put myself out there, y'know test the waters of friendship, test his personality, test our compatibility... test his bed sheets; y'know just normal things. "Hi Tanner." I say, shocking him. Surprise of a lifetime. He jumps, haha, and turns around wide eyed.

"Oh! Um... when did you get there?" He asks, looking around the backseats of the car. He turns to Hudson, "Is she...?"

"Yes, that's her; Alannah Parker, the transfer student." Hudson looks reluctant to tell Tanner who I am. I wonder why, is he embarrassed about me? What have I done? Tanner looks... happy to see me. That's a shock. I don't have much faith in the people in this school because of the attitude Mr. I hate you for no reason, has toward me.

Tanner, after calming down from my 'jump scare' turns around in his seat, offering me a wide smile. Although, I can read people really well, and his eyes are full of -- lust. I like having fun though, so I don't mind. "Hey Parker, I'm Tanner." He says reaching out his hand for me to take, I do obviously... I was raised well--ish.

I chuckle at the name, "It's Alannah, but nice try." I say with a small smile. I need to make friends, so I have to be nice.

Hudson groans, "He knows that, people here call others by their last name." He says as if it's as obvious as saying please and thank you. I roll my eyes, I'm so close to being done with him.

I scoff, "As if I was supposed to know that, I have only met like five people in this city -- let alone continent." I see Hudson rolling his eyes in the rear view mirror. Tanner chuckles.

"So your from where? The UK?" Tanner asks curiosity taking over in his eyes. I take my phone out of my backpack, putting in my password.

"Yeah." I reply, looking up from my phone to see Tanner looking at me, to continue. "Uh, Manchester." I tell him because he looks intrigued.

"I went to Manchester once, nice place." He responded, smiling. Hudson groans from the driver's seat.

"Stop flirting with my transfer student." Oh, I'm not the one in trouble this time. Tanner chuckled, and whispered to Hudson, but I didn't hear it. Hudson grips the wheel tighter in his hands, and whispers back to Tanner.

I wish I was born with really good hearing, or the ability to read people's lips... but I can't so I gave up. I look down to my phone, and turn to the messaging system.