Chapter Thirteen

Ally's POV

It's been two days since I've seen or heard from Hudson. He hasn't been at school, but his parents know where he is. They say he's going to stay at his grandparents house to tour universities, but I don't know how much I believe that. Tanner hasn't been at school either. So I'm assuming he's with him.

Kelly and I have been talking more, and becoming closer. It's nice having one friend that isn't connected to Hudson. I know that I shouldn't, but I wish that we actually worked it out instead of what happened. He was right that I don't know much about him, but when we hung out I like it. I like spending time with him.

I ate school lunch in the hallways because I don't have lunch with Kelly and Tanner is the only other friend I have. Because Hudson clearly doesn't want to be friends. All of Hudson's family and Tanner have all said to 'give him a chance' but why should I give him a chance when he won't give me a chance?

School was pretty normal, nothing big happened. I was really bored though, I have three -- two friends, so when one is gone I don't have much fun.

I was sitting in my room, looking out the window because I don't have anything I want to do. Mia is at an after school club and so I don't have anyone to hangout with. I was talking to my friends back in Manchester, but they all had things to do so they had to go. I'm debating whether to call my dad or not.

I haven't heard from my dad in a while. Not surprising. I have gotten a few 'have a nice day' from time to time, but not enough to make me feel satisfied. I press the call button on his contact and immediately it starts to ring. It's ten o'clock back in Manchester right now, so I'm not sure if he's still awake.

After a few rings the beeping stops. "Hello?"

"Dad?" I say, he doesn't like it when I call him 'father.'

"Alannah?" He sounds surprised. I can't tell if he's happy I was calling or not. The fact that I couldn't tell makes me a little sad, but I push the feelings back. "Hey, Kiddo! How is Los Angeles?"

He's happy; good sign. "Its great dad! People here are... so nice." Most of them anyway. "How are things back home?"

He sighs defeated. "Pretty hectic, Jessica has been in and out of her dance classes. She has many recitals coming up. Jack's football practice has been all over the place as well. Jemma's been going insane with keeping them all together."

"Sounds like you guys don't know how to live without me." I joke.

"Yeah we really need you to drive them to their lessons and practices." I felt a pang of sadness overflow my emotions. "But enough of us, how is America?"

I sigh, pushing back my emotions. "Its great dad, I love it here. It's very different from back home, I drove on the other side of the road without crashing!"

He chuckles on the other end of the line. "I'm happy you like it there." I hear talking in the background of the call. "Listen Alannah, I have to go, but I'll call you back in fifteen minutes I have to pick up Jack from a football meeting. I love you."

"Wait Dad--" Beep beep beep.

I take my phone from my ear and look at the screen. My eyes water, but I don't cry; not anymore. I get my stuff together, and try to focus on the good things about my life. I try to forget my family; I came here to get away.

During my situation the door bursts open. I turn around to find Hudson with his hand on the door handle looking straight at me.

I raise a brow, "Come in?"