Chapter Thirty-Nine

----------

A L L Y ' S  P O V

I gently sip the tea out of my 'I suffer from that disorder where I speak the truth, and it pisses people off' mug. It was early in the morning and my allergies decided that this was the day to be really bad.

Did I mention my allergies make that decision almost every day of the week?

I was sitting on one of the stools, reading a book on my phone. I was in the mood for a cliche book. It was about this girl who doesn't do anything and still gets everything she wants.

Getting the maximum outcome with minimal effort is how I like to live my life.

I hear footsteps coming from down the hall and soon they somehow end up in front of me like magic. "Good morning, Ally." Aaron greets. "Why are you up so early?" He asks and I raise my head to see him facing the espresso machine, making a cup of coffee. He was wearing a pair of black joggers and a white muscle tee.

I mean when you have the body for athletic clothes, who cares about age?

"My allergies are acting up again," I say, nasally. I position my nose above the mug to let the heat waft up into my nose.

"You should really get that checked out," Aaron says gesturing to me with his coffee cup.

"I will when I get some time," I respond, playing with the tea bag. "Where is Peyton? Isn't she normally up at this time?"

He nods, "She's still sleeping, something just kept her up at night." He brushes the question off. "For example that dog of yours, who so graciously decided to come and grace us with his presence at dawn. We were also talking about your dad."

Aaron naturally has a very authoritative voice, but he spoke of my dad with even more power; if that's possible. He didn't seem mad or anything, he looked... concerned?

"What about him?" I asked, getting up from my chair and moving to the toaster.

I popped some bread into the machine. "It's just... you seem different around your dad. I get that children naturally want their parent's approval, but it seemed off. You don't have to answer, I didn't mean to intrude."

I slowly breathed out. I know that Aaron knows how my father affects my life considering he's seen me break down because of my father.

"My father is just different. He has his own way of how he wants my life to be, and I have mine. He personally believes that music is not a real profession, and it's a one percent chance for me to reach my goals."

"He seemed fairly adamant on getting you back to England," Aaron replied, sipping his coffee.

"Yeah well, he only wants me back for... reasons." Like doing favours for his new family, driving around his new children, preparing meals so he can watch the game and Kalin can go shopping.

I was so dazed that I didn't notice Aaron coming up beside me, putting his hand on my shoulder. I turned to look into his eyes. "I know that you're only here for a transfer program, but you are really important to my family, Ally. I remember the night of the Fall Gala. I know how... different your connection with your father is." I snap my head away from him, slightly embarrassed at my behaviour the night of the gala. "If he treats you poorly, you can tell us."

I clear my throat and step away from his hand and comfort. Aaron and I have grown really close over these past months and he's like my dad, but I can't sell out my father like that. "Don't be silly, Aaron. He treats me as well as anyone else does."