𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦...!

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ (the beginning)

'THERE'S SOMETHING STIRRING IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD'

IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD'

A mother sat in her hut burdened with the fear of protecting her children. The mother, having already felt the pain of losing two of her children, called upon dark magic to ensure the safety of her family, for this mother was also a witch.

Her husband, prideful and controlling, demanded the witch make their children inviolable. He wished to be superior to those that brought them harm: where the beasts could bite, his family would bite harder, where they had speed, his family would be faster, their strength without rivalry. And so she made them immortal.

Vampires.

The very first of their kind.

As a result, the witch and her family were shunned. Their friends turned their backs, neighbours were able to lock them out. For what the witch had created was a curse.

An abomination.

A cheat of death.

Whilst the gift of immortality protected her family against illness and death, it brought with it a blinding desire and hunger for blood. She had turned her children into monsters. It is through this that her greatest shame was revealed. One of her children was fathered by another.

A bastard born from infidelity.

Half beast, half vampire.

In retaliation, her husband forced the witch to strip the child of his werewolf nature, locking away a part of him, and shunning him for a crime that he had no part of. The witch felt guilty. She loved her children, but she was too cowardice to refuse her husband. So she cast the spell, and with it, the witch linked her son's life to another to ensure he would never be alone.

A soulmate.

A friend.

Though there was no way to know when her son would meet his soulmate, the witch asked one last favour of the witches, requesting it be at a time her son would need her the most. Unaware of this, the son felt betrayed and unloved. Blinded by rage, which was only heightened as result of his new immortality, the son slaughtered the witch without remorse.

It was this betrayal that set the immortal hybrid on his dark path, with only one person that could bring him salvation. But with a past like his, how could she ever view him as anything more than a beast.

A monster.

An abomination.

. . .

FIRE AND ICE | THE BEGINNING

Matt Willis ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ sound of america