ˏˋ 13

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ (xiii. the consequences of meddling)

'IF WE SHOULD DIE TONIGHT,THEN WE SHOULD ALL DIE TOGETHER'

𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗜𝗡 𝗔𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗖'𝗦 𝗔𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧, Damon was laid on the floor unconscious as Thea sat on the couch in front of him with her head in her hands. "Hey, Damon!" Katherine called as she fed him a blood bag which she found hidden in one of the cupboards.

"Hey, Damon!" the doppelganger spoke more firmly as she slapped him on the cheek to wake him. The Salvatore vampire gasped as he sat up causing Katherine to fall back as Thea lifted her head.

Damon frowned as he noticed the tears gathered in Thea's eyes. "What the hell happened?" the raven-haired vampire demanded as he turned from Thea back towards Katherine, searching for an answer.

"He's gone. He went to do the ritual," Katherine replied in an urgent tone as Damon furrowed his brows.

"I'm sorry, I had to," the doppelganger began to apologise, only confusing Damon further, "he would have known that I was on vervain if I didn't do it."

Damon frowned as he began to pull himself to his feet, "do what?" the vampire questioned curiously. "Klaus. He made me call her to lure her out," Katherine explained with a firm tone, "he needed another vampire."

Thea hung her head low as guilty tears began to fall from her eyes once again. Noticing his friends devastated expression, Damon looked from Thea back to Katherine with a slightly panicked look, "who did you call?"

Katherine refused to answer, keeping silent as she backed away from him slightly. Damon scowled, narrowing his eyes as he gripped her arm tightly.

"Who did you call, Katherine?" the raven-haired vampire demanded with a seething tone. As Katherine stayed silent, another tear fell from Thea's eye.

"Jenna," the Lockwood teen spoke up in a broken tone, drawing Damon's attention towards her, "he took Jenna." At her revelation, Damon's eyes widened as he shook his head in denial.

"He should've used me," the Salvatore vampire remarked as he began to pace around the open space, "why didn't he use me?" Thea shook her head as more tears filled in her eyes, "he couldn't," the brunette replied.

"Damon, he said you were as good as dead," Katherine repeated what Klaus had stated before he left, causing the raven-haired vampire to frown in confusion.

"What does that even mean?" Damon retorted angrily - annoyed, and guilty that his tempering with Klaus' plan had put Jenna in danger.

"What does that mean?" Katherine repeated in annoyance as she grabbed his arm, turning it over to show Damon the bite on his forearm.