XXII. TROUBLE FINDS YOU

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ - 𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶]

―❅―𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ - 𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶]

"sell my soul don't care what the
price is, won't matter if i go down"

✧✦✧✦✧

A blonde woman stood in a cave, using a knife to carve her name in runic into the wall. The cave was dimly lit, the only light source coming from the burning torch held by a slightly older man with long blonde hair.

"Rebekah, let me have at it," the blonde man insisted as he walked towards the woman in frustration, seemingly annoyed that it was taking her so long to carve her name.

"Quiet, Niklaus! I am to have more concentration if I am not to slice off a finger," Rebekah exclaimed as she continued to carve her name into the stone wall.

"Father will not like you handling the blade," Klaus retorted, a small smirk on his face as she watched his sister falter.

"If I want to wield a blade, I shall wield a blade! Father need not know," the blonde haired woman snapped back stubbornly, continuing to carve her name.

"He will find out. He always does," Klaus warned with a slight fear in his ocean blue eyes causing Rebekah's eyes to narrow at him.

"That is because you always tell him!" she accuses with a frosty glare.

Klaus' face sank in sadness as looked across at his younger sister, fear shining as clear as day upon his face, "I cannot help it...he frightens me."

Rebekah sighed, lowering the knife away from the wall as she noticed the sunken look on her older brother's face. She knew how bad her father's wrath was, and she knew that Klaus always bore the worst of it.

"He frightens us all. That is why we stick together as one, always and forever. Right, traitor?" Rebekah said, offering her brother a kind smile.

Klaus nodded, smiling back at her with a big grin, "right."

"Here, you finish. I am to help mother with the meal," the pretty blonde woman told him as she offered him the blade, causing the man to smirk in amusement.

"Yes, you go tend to dinner and leave the blades to the men, little sister," Klaus retorted, a taunting smile on his face as he turned to place the torch on the ground so he could continue with his sister's carvings.