XXXIII. HOLD ON

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ - 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘯]

"the joy and the chaos, the demons we're made of, I'd be so lost if you left me alone"

demons we're made of, I'd
be so lost if you left me alone"

✧✦✧✦✧

Thea awoke the next morning in her own bed with a throbbing pain in her head. Wincing as she sat up, her eyes fluttered around her room in confusion, when she suddenly remembered what had happened causing her small body to shoot up in anguish. Throwing the quilt off of her, the brunette jumped out of bed, pushing the pain in her head to the back of her mind as she reached for her phone.

Finding the number she was looking for, Thea hit call, placing the phone to her ear frantically, "Hello? Thea, what's going on?" the person asks worriedly from the other end of the call. "Elijah," Thea breathed in relief that he answered, "something happened, you need to come home," she stated quickly, the words falling from her mouth in a rush.

"What? Thea, slow down," Elijah spoke softly, trying to calm her down so he could make sense of what she was saying. Taking a deep breath, Thea tried again, "they have Klaus, Lijah'," she muttered sadly as tears gathered in her eyes at the recollection of Klaus' decayed body infiltrated her mind. The elder original sighed on the other end as he heard the distress in the brunettes tone, "where's Rebekah?" he asked her urgently, knowing the brunette would be safe with his sister until he got to Mystic Falls.

"Uh, I don't know? Maybe back at the mansion," Thea replied as she rubbed her forehead, the pain in her head getting worse. "Call Rebekah and stay with her until I get there. We'll get him back, Thea. No matter what it takes, I promise you," Elijah told her before hanging up the phone. The brunette nodded, as the tears that had gathered in her eyes fell freely down her cheeks.

Whatever it takes. Even if that meant her friends hated her by the end of it. She owed them nothing right now. Klaus had left them alone, he had helped save Elena for Thea's benefit and they had put him down in return to save their own skin. They didn't consider the effect it would have on Thea, they only thought of themselves. Why should she put them ahead of herself if they never did the same for her? She was going to get Klaus back, no matter the consequences. He was all she had.

Just as she was about to ring Rebekah, her mom called her from downstairs. With a frown, the brunette ran down the marble stairs noticing the concern in her mom's voice. "Mom? What's wrong?" Thea asked as she reached the parlour, Tyler and Caroline entering through the door a second later causing Thea to scowl in anger. Her brother may have been trying to protect her, but allowing Stefan to knock her out so they could steal her soulmates body seemed more like revenge to her than protection.

The younger Lockwood glared at her twin with intense anger causing Tyler to sigh guiltily. He hadn't wanted for things to play out the way they did last night. The hybrid had wanted the brunette to follow him back home by her own will, but he neglected to realise how angry she would be at them desiccating her soulmate. Being involved was his first mistake. Allowing Stefan to knock her unconscious was his second.