ˏˋ 05

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ (v. missing persons case)

'WIDE EYED WITH A HEART FULL OF FRIGHT

𝗜𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗕𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗔 𝗪𝗘𝗘𝗞 since Thea Lockwood found out she was the potential soulmate of the historic vampire set on sacrificing her best friend. In that week, the brunette had kept mostly to herself as she attempted to make sense of what she'd learnt.

Her recurring dreams had become more frequent and often left the teen gasping for air as she awoke. They were becoming almost like a reality; as if she was experiencing them first-hand, often leaving her fearful and breathless.

And, whilst she still had no idea what they meant, Elijah's revelation had brought her some form of clarity. Klaus, the big bad vampire, was the blonde man from her dreams. Elijah's brother; and her soulmate.

The fact that the vampire had been reluctant to share that part of his story left Thea even more doubtful of whether or not to trust him. However, at this moment, she realised she had no choice. Elijah was the only one that knew of her fate.

Thea found herself hesitant to tell the Salvatore brothers and Elena what she had discovered; unsure of what their reactions would be.

It wasn't necessarily as if she'd asked for her soul to be bound to the person trying to murder them all, but there was no doubt that it threw a spanner in the works.

The Lockwood teen didn't know all the complications the soulmate bond had; she didn't fully believe it herself at this moment in time, but she was certain nothing good could come of it.

Right now, Elijah was the only one that could help her.

Thea didn't fully understand why Elijah wanted to protect her from Klaus, nor did she understand why the original was so determined in helping them put his brother down.

The wolf figured that Klaus must be terribly monstrous if his own brother was willing to kill him.

After getting herself dressed for the day, Thea made her way down the marble staircase in the Lockwood family home, stopping in the foyer as she heard her brother on the phone.

"Mason, it's Tyler...again," Tyler muttered gruffly into the phone in his father's study, a laptop open on the desktop in front of him as he re-watched the troubling video he and Caroline had found the other night.

"Look, your voicemail is full. I need to talk to you, it's the full moon tonight and..." the older twin sighed, rubbing his forehead with a shaky hand, "I found your recording and I'm freaking out over here. Just call me back, please."

Once again, Thea was hit with an indescribable wave of guilt at the fact that she had still yet to disclose the truth about what really happened to her Uncle, to her brother.