BAD DECISIONS

Warning: Just to make it absolutely crystal clear— this chapter and those that follow are UNEDITED and will not make sense in conjunction with the previous chapters. I will be editing them and posting them in blocks when I have the time. If you want to continue reading, please do with an open mind. If you wish to wait until the next block of chapters are edited, I promise to update them as quickly as I possibly can. Otherwise, stop leaving rude comments on the book or it will be taken down.

FIRE AND ICE
⎯⎯ heart over mind

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ SIR, I THINK YOUR HYBRIDS ARE BROKEN

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus teased as he, Stefan and Thea made their way up the Smokey Mountains, searching for Ray's pack, the Salvatore carrying the dead werewolf over his shoulder. "I'm fine," the vampire muttered, securing his hold on the werewolf so he didn't fall. "Are you sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down" the hybrid trailed off, an amused smirk on his face that caused Thea to roll her eyes in agitation.

"Look, I get that we're all stuck together, but if you idiots could stop antagonising each other it'd do wonders for my sanity," the dark haired wolf muttered as she pushed through them, walking ahead of them in frustration causing the hybrid to frown. The young Lockwood was still hurt after her conversation with Klaus last night, but instead of letting it consume her, she chose to ignore it- going back to hating him like she did 2 months ago. "Yeah, if we could just skip the chitchat, it'd be great," Stefan agreed with the wolf, throwing the original a glare.

"So much brooding," Klaus spoke mockingly, ignoring what Thea had said not even 2 minutes ago causing her to roll her eyes, "your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend." Stefan snorted lightly, "maybe it's cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer," he retorted in exhaustion, "yeah, or maybe it's just because we're stuck in the company of the immortal jackass," Thea said from further ahead. As a result of their advanced hearing, Stefan and Klaus could hear the wolf's remark as clear as day.

Klaus frowned as Stefan laughed lightly, "she's never going to forgive you, you know?" the Salvatore vampire told the blonde original before he began walking slightly ahead, attempting to catch up with the Lockwood wolf so she didn't put herself in any danger. Klaus shook his head, a blank look on his face as to appear like he didn't care- but it was obvious that he did. He knew what Stefan had told him was the truth. The wolf had poured her heart out to him last night, admitting everything the hybrid felt himself and instead of telling her how he truly felt- the hybrid shot her down, too cowardice to admit to his true feelings.

Up ahead, the hybrid noticed that Thea and Stefan had halted to a stop. Walking towards them in curiosity, Klaus saw what had caught their attention, his eyes landing on a group of people sat around a campfire. "Ah, thanks to our pal Ray we seem to have found ourselves a pack," the original stated as he began to walk towards the group, Thea and Stefan trailing behind him.