LI. FIRE AND ICE

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ- 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘤𝘦]

―❅―𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ- 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘤𝘦]

"let the fire burn the ice,
where's the love we once had?"

✧✦✧✦✧

Prom night had finally arrived, and with it came Thea Lockwood's final day in Mystic Falls. The day felt bittersweet for the young wolf; part of her apprehensive and scared to be leaving the only people she'd ever known, the other part of her extremely excited to see what the rest of the world had to offer. She would no longer be tied down by a drama filled town that nobody ever seemed to be able to escape from- instead she'd be free. Finally able to breathe again by herself without being plagued by the suffocating drama that seemed to follow her friends.

The young wolf was currently stood in a dress shop changing room, making sure the dress she'd chosen for prom still fit her whilst Caroline and Bonnie stood outside talking. "What kind of dreams," Caroline asked the young witch, causing Thea to furrow her brows curiously as she smoothed down the material of her red taffeta dress. "Usually I'm at his grave, and... all of a sudden, he appears to me," Bonnie stated, explaining her dreams as Thea walked out of the changing room to stand beside them.

"Well, you never got to say good-bye, Bon. That's normal, I did the same when my Dad and Mason died," the wolf told her with a comforting smile as she turned to look at herself in the three-way mirror in front of them. "When I woke up, the couch was on fire," Bonnie deadpanned, causing the brunette teen's mouth to drop into an 'o' as she turned back around to face her, "yeah, that never happened to me."

The witch sighed as she looked between her two friends with furrowed brows, "I don't know if it's because I was emotional in my dream or if Shane was right. Without is help, I'll lose control of my magic," Bonnie fretted, earning a sigh from the blonde vampire next to her. "No. It's because you need a night off from mourning," Caroline corrected as she looked at the witch with a beaming smile, "and I'm gonna make sure you have that," the blonde teen promised as Thea nodded her head in agreement.

Bonnie smiled gratefully at the two girls, grouping them into a short hug which they both gladly returned. "Um, you look super-hot, by the way," the Bennett witch grinned as the three pulled away, her eyes trailing down Thea's dress. The wolf grinned brightly as she twirled slightly in the three-way mirror, "you think? I'm gonna have to get a size-up though, I can't even fasten the zipper at the back anymore. I knew eating all that Nutella was a bad idea," the brunette scoffed under her breath with a small scowl, earning soft laughs from her two friends as she turned back to face them.

"Me, Matt and Bonnie are gonna have the sexiest date there," Caroline stated as she waggled her eyebrows, causing the three girls to giggle. "You know what? I love friend prom. And it's exactly what prom should be... friends and memories," Thea spoke after a moment with a beaming smile as Bonnie nodded her head in agreement, "yes, it sucks that Tyler can't be here, but the four of us are gonna have the night of our lives," the wolf said with a determined expression on her face. This was one of the last memories she'd ever make wither friends for a long time, and she'd be dead before she let anyone ruin it.