ˏˋ 14

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ (xiv. goodbye to the fallen)

' I CAN'T SEE BEYOND TODAY; TELL METHERE'S SOMETHING BEYOND TODAY '

THERE'S SOMETHING BEYOND TODAY '

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗨𝗡 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗛𝗢𝗧 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗕𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚 as Thea stirred awake, squinting as she attempted to work out her surroundings. It hadn't taken her long to figure out she was in Wickery Falls; exhausted, naked, and covered in dirt.

Movement to her right caught her attention causing the wolf to turn her head quickly. With a narrowed, hateful glare, the teen's sights set on the shirtless original hybrid causing her to immediately avert her gaze and attempt to shelter herself behind the bush beside her.

Despite her deep-rooted hatred for the hybrid, Thea blushed madly at being within such close proximity to him ⎯ the bond between them tugging at her heartstrings as if playing a gentle tune.

Attempting to ignore it however was proving quite difficult with the feeling of Klaus' hot stare on her back. The brunette wasn't aware of how she ended up naked in the middle of Wickery Falls with the enemy, and at this point, she wasn't certain she wanted to learn.

"You've been busy," a familiar voice commented as clothes were thrown in her direction. Turning her head, the wolf found Elijah stood next to his brother with a gentle smile on his lips that was directed towards her.

Thea stared at the original blankly, still in a daze of confusion as she gathered her clothes quickly and began to dress behind the bush. Though her body was completely shielded, Klaus couldn't control the way his gaze seemed to linger on her a little longer.

Elijah scowled as he caught sight of his brothers wandering eyes, smacking him on the back of his head as he offered the hybrid a stern look. Snapping out of his daze, Klaus turned to his brother with a wicked grin, "that was amazing."

Thea sighed as she shrugged on her coat, moving froM behind the bush to join the two original brothers. "How long has it been?" the brunette inquired curiously as she looked towards Elijah, completely ignoring the way Klaus' attention was locked on her.

The last thing the brunette could remember was the blinding agony she felt as she stumbled out of the Old Witch House. Thea made peace with the fact that she was probably going to die, knowing that her friends and family would be free from the current enemy that plagued them.

However, she wasn't dead ⎯ and neither, unfortunately, was Klaus ⎯ meaning something clearly went wrong. And judging from the slight flash of guilt that appeared in Elijah's eyes, Thea was certain the elder of the two brothers had something to do with it.

She shouldn't have been surprised really, knowing the bond between siblings ran deeper than any petty hatred. But the Lockwood teen couldn't fight the disappointment she felt knowing Elijah had betrayed them.