ˏˋ 11

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ (xi. a tale of two wolves)

'ALL OF US WERE ONLY DREAMING,EVERYTHING IS ACTUALLY A MESS'

EVERYTHING IS ACTUALLY A MESS'

"𝗜 𝗗𝗢𝗡'𝗧 𝗞𝗡𝗢𝗪 𝗔𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦, 𝗧," Elena muttered quietly, her tone nervous as she watched her dark-haired friend remove the dagger from Elijah's chest.

   The two girls had been restless after finding out that Klaus was in town and in possession of Alaric's body, though for two completely different reasons.

   Thea wasn't sure whether Klaus was aware of the bond the two shared, and at the minute, she was rather thankful for it. However, the Lockwood teen was certain that the only way she and Elena were going to receive answers was to ask the source directly.

   Or at least, in this case, the source's brother.

   "Look, Le, we need answers right?" Thea questioned as she sat against the back wall of the basement beside Elena, twirling the silver dagger in her hand. Elena frowned, nodding her head in agreement with a sigh causing Thea to smile softly.

   "Then this is the best way to get them," the Lockwood teen assured her friend in a hushed tone, cautious of the fact that Damon and Stefan were still sleeping upstairs.

   The two friends sat in silence, watching Elijah's desiccated body boredly as they waited for him to wake up.

   Elena wasn't completely sure that what they were doing was a good idea, however, Thea seemed to trust Elijah and Elena had complete faith in Thea. If Elijah was who they needed to be rid of Klaus, then so be it.

   After a moment, Elijah's body suddenly began to move; startling the two girls as his back arched violently and his muscles cracked. The two girls automatically rushed towards him, attempting to calm him down so he didn't alert Stefan or Damon.

   "Elijah," Thea spoke softly, her tone gentle and barely above a whisper as she laid a hand on his arm, "Elijah, shh it's okay."

   The original shifted his gaze, looking into the deep brown eyes of the Lockwood teen as a fleeting sense of recognition washed over him.

   Thea offered him a small smile as she noticed him calm a little before his eyes drifted towards the doppelganger next to her. "Katerina," Elijah whispered in surprise, his eyes filled with a haunting sense of longing that startled both Thea and Elena.

   The two brunettes shared a worried look just as Elijah's body fell limp as the Original lost consciousness once again. "Elijah," Elena whispered as she shook the original, her brows furrowed in concern, "it's me, Elena."

   The original gasped, his eyes flying open as his body convulsed painfully forcing the two teens to shuffle away from him. Elijah stood up quickly, holding his neck as he gasped for air.