XLVII. SHADOWS

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ - 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘴]

"i don't understand it, where did you go? i hate that you're all that i know"

did you go? i hate that
you're all that i know"

✧✦✧✦✧

The next morning, Thea stirred awake as the sunlight began to pour through the Gilbert's curtains in the living room. With a groan, the wolf stretched, her muscles aching from sleeping on the uncomfortable sofa all night. She didn't have to stay there- Bonnie's barrier didn't affect her, but there was no way she was leaving Klaus trapped in a house alone in his current state, especially not one that still had his brothers dead body desiccated in the kitchen.

Opening her eyes, Thea's gaze landed on her soulmate who was currently stood in the middle of the living room, his gaze focused on Kol's burnt corpse as a stray tear ran down his cheek. With a sad sigh, Thea stood from the couch before walking into the kitchen, taking the table cloth from the dining table and using it to cover Kol's body- hiding it from her soulmates view. As she turned back to face the hybrid, the front door opened revealing her brother who walked in with a teasing smirk on his face.

"Morning, sunshine. You look pathetic," Tyler taunted the hybrid as he stared at him through the barrier, earning a scowl from Thea as she glared at her older brother darkly. "Only until Bonnie's spell locking me in here wears off. Then I'll look different. Angrier, perhaps. Or I won't look like anything because I'll have gouged your eyeballs from their sockets," Klaus growled threateningly at the elder Lockwood only causing Tyler's smirk to broaden.

"My friends will be back with the cure by then. So, I could shove it down your throat and make you mortal," the Lockwood hybrid replied cockily causing Thea to chuckle dryly from her spot in the kitchen, Tyler's eyes filtering over to hers for the first time since he entered. "And how, pray tell, do you and your friends hope to overpower the original hybrid? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the last time you and your little mutts tried that- they ended up disembodied," the wolf smirked sarcastically at her brother causing the elder twin to scowl.

Tyler turned his attention to his younger sister with narrowed eyes as he stared at her in exasperation, "so that's it? He cries a little at the sight of his dead brother and your back to sucking his dick?" the hybrid spat in incredulity, looking between the two soulmates in disgust. "Do you not remember what he's done?" Tyler hissed, earning an eye roll from the younger twin. "God, why is it always the same argument with you people? 'Don't you remember what he's done', 'how could you forgive him, T, he's evil'," the brunette mocked in response, completely fed up with having to repeat herself, answering the same stupid questions.

"He made mom leave town," Tyler snapped in disbelief at his younger sister causing the wolf to narrow her eyes fiercely, "no, I did. Because of you and your idiotic desire to prove you were the alpha," Thea retorted, her patience wearing thin as her anger was illuminated through her tone. "I forced Stefan to compel mom to leave town. Not because Klaus was going to kill her- but because I knew she'd never be safe in a town like this. With supernatural children. I wasn't going to lose another person as a result of supernatural drama. So, if you want someone to blame, then blame me. But we both know I did the right thing," the wolf snapped at her twin fiercely.