XXI. LIE TO ME

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ - 𝘭𝘪𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦]

―❅―𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ - 𝘭𝘪𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦]

"now i wish we'd never met,
cause you're too hard to forget"

✧✦✧✦✧

Thea awoke the next day with a killer migraine. Maybe the 8 beers were a bit too much, she winced as she turned over, attempting to go back to sleep before the shrill tone of her cell phone emitted around the room. Groaning, Thea answered it without opening her eyes, "what," she spat into the phone in annoyance, her face scrunched up in pain at the drumming she felt in her head. A laugh sounded from the other side of the phone, "lovely to speak to you too, little wolf," the voice said causing Thea to sit up in alarm, pushing the pain to the back of her mind as she realised who had called.

"Nik?" the wolf breathed out, her heart hammering in her chest at the sound of his voice, "the one and only," he stated causing Thea to roll her eyes as she imagined him stood there with his obnoxious smirk on his face. "What do you want, Klaus?" she questioned as she rubbed her head, the pain returning though this time she wasn't sure if it was caused by her head or her heart. "Well, the last time that I saw you, you insisted you hated me for ruining yours and your friend's lives. So imagine my surprise when I awoke this morning to two text messages from you stating how much you missed me and my kisses," he mocked her, his smirk practically shining through his words.

Thea winced, memories flooding her brain as she thought back to last night. After Rebekah had dropped her back at home, the brunette drunkenly messaged the number the blonde original had stupidly given her. Thea blamed Rebekah for the mess she was currently in, the blonde knew she was wasted and still allowed her to text to Klaus. "I was completely wasted, it didn't mean anything," Thea insisted rolling her eyes as she heard the hybrid's amused laughter, "you know what they say, love. The drunk mind speaks the sober heart," he retorted mockingly.

Thea huffed in frustration, "I'll be back soon, little wolf. And you can have plenty of my kisses," he flirted before ending the call. The dark haired teen groaned in irritation, burying her head further into her pillow, wincing at the horrendous pain in her head. Her phone beeped, the screen illuminating with a message from 'the hot psycho hybrid' that simply read, 'I miss you too, little wolf,' and the brunette caught herself smiling in joy as her heart fluttered wildly. I am so screwed, she thought as she closed her eyes, face planting the pillow once again.

✧✦✧✦✧

A couple of hours later, Thea was hanging lanterns with Bonnie and Caroline in the town square, her mind free of pain but clouded with thoughts of the smirking hybrid and their earlier conversation. "So, when you did the spell to send Vicki away, did it get rid of Anna, too?" Caroline asked unexpectedly, dragging the wolf's attention away from the thoughts in her head, causing her to sigh in relief. Bonnie sighed in annoyance, "I wish. All I did was block the magic that was helping Vicki get a physical foothold here. Jeremy's still got a direct line to the other side, and as long as he wants to see Anna and she wants to see him, she's still here," she explained in frustration.