XLIII. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ - 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴]

―❅―𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ - 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴]

"i got the lock,
gave you the key"

✧✦✧✦✧

The next morning, Thea stirred awake with a soft, gleeful smile on her face as she turned over in Klaus' silk sheets. The early morning sunlight shone through the break in the curtains as a soft breeze ran throughout the room; the two soulmates wrapped peacefully in each other's arms. It was mornings like these that made Thea wish she'd have left town with Klaus when he first asked her.

But, as much as the brunette willed and tried to ignore reality- she was still only 18, and still had to attend her final year of school. And, it seemed that everything around her wished to remind her of that as her phone alarm rang throughout the room loudly, causing both soulmates to groan in annoyance. "Turn it off," Klaus grumbled in the wolf's ear as he turned on his side, wrapping his arms around her waist tighter and pulling her body closer to his.

Thea threw her arm out of the side of the bed in response, blindly searching for her phone in order to shut it off. But, to her unfortunate luck, instead of knocking the alarm off, she knocked her phone off the bedside table causing her to groan in defeat as the alarm tone got louder. Reluctantly opening her eyes, the Lockwood teen gently unwrapped Klaus' arms from around her waist as she slipped out of the comfort of the bed in a huff.

Klaus growled in dismay as he flopped on to his back, his tired eyes watching her as she moved around the bed to walk to his en-suite in nothing but one of his shirts and her lingerie. "Are you sure you need to leave?" the hybrid questioned, his voice deeper and raspier than usual reflecting the fact that he had just been woken up. The original's blue eyes followed the wolf's every move with a lazy smile, watching the way her hips swayed slightly as she made her way over to his drawers, pulling out some of her clothes.

Thea turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow, "if I want to graduate, I need to go to school. Honestly, I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm still able to get my diploma and haven't been expelled yet is because my mom's the Mayor," she laughed to herself as she began walking to the bathroom once again. Klaus groaned, falling back onto the bed in annoyance as he realised there was nothing he could do to make her stay in bed with him all day.

"You coming?" the brunette wolf called teasingly over her shoulder as she headed into his en-suite, causing Klaus to sit back up in his bed in surprise. The sight of her devious smirk was enough confirmation for him to hurriedly throw himself out of the warmth of his bed and follow his soulmate into the bathroom with seductive smirk.

✧✦✧✦✧

40 minutes later, Thea walked down the hallway of Mystic Falls High, finding Caroline and Bonnie both stood at her locker, the latter with a smile as Caroline glared at her. "You left me with Mr Peters in Physics by myself again. Why are you so late?" the blonde whined with narrowed eyes, earning a smirk from the brunette in response causing the vampire's face to recoil in disgust, "okay, ew."