ˏˋ 08

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ (viii. les i'm miserable)

'I'M A LITTLE BIT DOWN, BUT I'MNOT DEAD'

NOT DEAD'

"𝗠𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥!" 𝗔 𝗩𝗢𝗜𝗖𝗘 𝗦𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠𝗘𝗗 in anguish as a blonde man ran towards a hut, carrying the lifeless body of a small child in his arms.

   "Mother!" the man shouted once again as he dropped to his knees, cradling the boy to his chest in pained agony.

   "No! No!" a blonde woman cried in sorrow as she ran over to them, dropping to her knees as she found her youngest child dead in the arms of her son, "what happened?"

   The blonde man cried, tears staining his face as he clutched his brother tightly, unwilling to let him go, "the wolves! I am sorry, I am so sorry!"

   "We must save him!" the woman stated as she turned towards another woman with a pleading expression. "Please, Ayana, there must be a way!" the blonde woman begged desperately.

   Ayana stood emotionlessly by her side, shaking her head with a firm expression. "The spirits will not give us a way, Esther," the woman replied firmly, "your boy is gone."

   "No, no!" Esther wailed in agony as she took her child's lifeless body from her elder son, clutching his body tightly whilst her other children watched in despair.

. . .

   Thea gasped awake; a deep frown set on her face as she was covered in sweat from her latest dream. Now that she knew why she was getting them; it was as if the dreams were becoming more real.

   As if she were there herself and could feel the pain coursing through Klaus' veins.

   Whilst the dreams were a little invasive, they did allow Thea to understand and know Klaus a little better; though she wasn't quite sure whether she wanted to.

   She had seen his happiest memories, as well as some of his worst; giving a face and meaning to the man wanting to murder her friend.

   She knew she should hate him without question, knowing what his plans were, but she couldn't help but feel a little sympathetic towards him. The dreams offered her a little understanding as to why Klaus seemingly was the way he was.

   And whilst his past trauma didn't excuse him from any of his murderous antics, Thea didn't understand how it made him any different from Stefan or Damon.

   Other than the obvious fact that he wanted to kill Elena.

   It left Thea wondering if there was a possibility that should Klaus choose not to murder her best friend, her friends would be accepting of the soulmate bond between him and Thea.