XXXVI. LITTLE WHITE LIES

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sɪx - 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴]

―❅―𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sɪx - 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴]

"victim of my own good
intentions, i can't say no"

✧✦✧✦✧

Thea jogged down the marble staircase of the Lockwood mansion in her cheerleading uniform, about to leave for school. She had already gotten up late and received a very mad call from Caroline scolding her about it. "Uh, hello?" the brunette questioned with a confused expression as she saw two random men stood in the foyer of her house.

Before she had the chance to question them any further, the front door opened, her mom and Tyler walking in. "Who the hell are you two?" Tyler questioned with narrowed eyes as his gaze skimmed past his sister, landing on the two burly men that stood behind her. "Tyler, it's okay. They're here for yours and Thea's protection," Carol explained with a smile, looking between the twins who shared the same exasperated expression.

"More deputies?" Thea whined in incredulity as she threw her hands up in the air just as Klaus enters the room from the parlour, another man following behind him. "Not exactly," the hybrid smirked as he came to a stop in front of Tyler, smiling at Thea as he passed her, "they're hybrids," the elder Lockwood twin sighed, shaking his head. "I was halfway to Chicago when I heard you were attacked. Put a rather large kink in my plans," Klaus explained as he stared at Tyler.

"Nice to know you care," the hybrid scoffed as he held the originals gaze, seemingly unafraid. "About you? I don't. I should have killed you for the little stunt you and your friends pulled. Stopping my heart, leaving me in a coffin to rot," Klaus scowled causing Thea to roll her eyes. "Yeah, well you used my body as an escape hatch, then kissed my girlfriend whilst dating my sister. So, maybe we're even," Tyler retorted causing Thea's face to fall.

"You kissed Caroline?" she gasped in shock as her heart began to break all over again. Klaus frowned, looking towards the brunette with a sheepish expression, "technically, she thought I was Tyler and kissed me. I pushed her off straight away, believe me little wolf, nobody kisses quite like you," he responded, throwing her a wink at the end causing her to blush and Tyler to scoff.

"As for us being even," the hybrid continued, looking back towards Tyler, "not even close. But, you hybrids are a dying breed. I can't make more of you, and I won't have anyone taking liberties with the ones I have left." Thea scoffed, turning away from her soulmate and twin with a scowl, already much too late to listen to them antagonise each other any longer, "I'm out of here. You boys play nice now," she stated with a sarcastic smile before opening the door.

Klaus watched after her before focusing his gaze back on Tyler, "consider them your new bodyguards," he told him whilst pointing back at the three hybrids before following after Thea. "Little wolf," he called as he successfully caught up to her, "seriously Klaus, I'm late for school. I've already been screamed at from Caroline for missing first practice," the brunette told him as he blocked her from opening her car door.