XVII. POISON

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ  sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ - 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯]
— WE CERTAINLY AREN'T IN MYSTIC FALLS ANYMORE

―❅―𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄[ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ  sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ - 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯]— WE CERTAINLY AREN'T IN MYSTIC FALLS ANYMORE

"i wanna hold you but
my sense tell me to stop"

✧✦✧✦✧

"You know, that's the third time I haven't turned. It's been 3 months, Nik" the dark haired teen muttered to her soulmate in confusion as they drove through the busy streets of Chicago. Thea had awoken a few hours after leaving the Smokey Mountains, only to find out that she had not turned for the third month since they left Mystic Falls. Klaus glanced at her in puzzlement before focusing his gaze back upon the road, trying to find somewhere to park, "I've never heard of a werewolf being unable to turn after triggering their curse. I'll make sure to ask Gloria when we find her," he said to her in assurance.

Thea nodded her head, pushing her concern to the back of her mind as she questioned the hybrid on more pressing matters. "So, are we not gonna speak about the fact that we kissed?" she asked hesitantly, scared that his mood would become bitter and closed off as she spared a glance at the sleeping Salvatore in the back, not prepared for him to know that she kissed the enemy just yet. "Oh look, we're here," the original muttered as he pulled into a parking space, causing the dark haired wolf to scoff in irritation.

How were they ever going to get anywhere if he wasn't prepared to speak to her? Shaking her head whilst sighing in disappointment, the wolf climbed out of the car waiting for the hybrid to awaken the sleeping vampire, not wanting to get herself caught on the other end of his teeth. "Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan," Klaus said as he opened the back door of the SUV startling Stefan as he almost fell through the open door.

Getting out of the car, Stefan looked around in confusion, "what are we doing here?" he muttered before letting out a small yawn. "I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days," the original said as Thea looked around in awe at the beauty of The Windy City. Thea had been to Chicago before with her parents over winter break when the twins were younger, and though she had grown and changed, the city definitely hadn't.

"Blacked out most of them," Stefan mumbled as he too glanced around at the beauty of the city, "lot of blood, lot of partying. The details are all a blur," he admitted, causing the blonde original to smirk. "Well that is a crying shame, the details are what make it a legend," he spoke tauntingly to the younger Salvatore brother who simply stared at him in confusion, sensing the hybrid knew something that he didn't.

"Word was, the ripper of Monterrey got lonely so he escaped to the city for comfort," Klaus explained with an amused smirk as he glanced at the young vampire, "it was prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun." Thea stood staring at the view of the city, only half paying attention to what the two vampires were talking about, her mind still preoccupied with worry of not turning and hurt from Klaus' refusal to speak to her about their current relationship.