XLII. STILL FALLING FOR YOU

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ - 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶]

―❅―𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ - 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶]

"and just like that, all i breathe,
all i feel, you are all for me, i'm in"

✧✦✧✦✧

"What do you mean you're not coming? I don't need to remind you that your Miss Mystic Falls attendance record totally sucks," Thea snapped over the phone at Stefan as she walked down the steps of the Lockwood mansion with a clipboard in her hand and her phone pressed to her ear. Caroline's head snapped towards the wolf as she heard the brunettes words, "besides, you're a founding family member, by definition you have to be here," the blonde sassed him as she snatched Thea's phone from her and put it on speaker.

Stefan sighed through the receiver at them both, "Elena and I broke up. By definition, I don't need to be anywhere," he told them as Thea narrowed her eyes at Gabby across the garden who was arranging some flowers. Shoving the clipboard into Caroline's arms, the brunette stormed towards her before grabbing the flowers from her hands and rearranging them to her own satisfaction. Caroline rolled her eyes as she followed the wolf.

"Did that sound as depressing to you as it did to me?" the vampire asked the brunette with a teasing smirk as she stopped in front of her. "Oh, I'm not depressed. I just want to rip into someone's artery and feed until I can't breathe anymore," Stefan retorted causing Thea to snort. "Well, you can't," Caroline deadpanned as she sighed at him, "yeah, as your sober sponsors we're not gonna let that happen. Try and sublimate," Thea added to the blonde's sentence with a smile, even though she knew the vampire couldn't see her.

Stefan paused for a second before sighing sorrowfully, "she said she has feelings for Damon," the Salvatore vampire revealed causing Caroline and Thea's mouths to drop open in shock. "What?! She can't have feelings for Damon! He's...Damon and you're...you. And I'm- revolted," Caroline stuttered as a look of disgust washed over her features. Thea frowned at her words, not appreciating how she was speaking about her best friend, "excuse me. Damon Salvatore is a catch and Elena would be lucky to have him," she defended with a glare as she stared at her blonde friend earning a wince from Stefan over the phone.

"Sorry Steffie. I know it's not what you want to hear, but being a vampire has changed her. It's brought out the best in her. She's wild and reckless, something I haven't seen in her since before her parents died. Sorry to be so blunt and inconsiderate, but it's the truth. She's a lot more like Damon than anyone thought," Thea told them both earning a glare from Caroline and a sigh from Stefan as he realised that what she was saying had some kind of truth behind it.

"Yeah, because you're not bias or anything," Caroline accused the brunette causing her to roll her eyes. Thea loved both the Salvatore brothers equally. They were as much her family as Tyler and the rest of the Scooby-gang was. But she was the only one, other than Elena now, to ever truly see the good in Damon. Even Stefan struggled to see it sometimes, though he had always hoped it was there. The rest of the group just cast him aside as the bad brother and refused to accept that he could be anything more than the bad guy.