XXVI. WORK IT OUT

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sɪx - 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵]

―❅―𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sɪx - 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵]

"never signed up to play this game,
and yet i'm playing every day"

✧✦✧✦✧

Thea spent the majority of the next day ignoring pretty much everyone that tried to contact her. The only time she left the house was to help Tyler try and break his sire bond with Caroline and her dad, of which they hadn't been successful. Bill ended up in the hospital, and Tyler ended up skipping town, once again leaving Thea to deal with all the supernatural stuff on her own.

Thea stood at her desk, staring at the black velvet box that had been left for her yesterday. As she opened it her mouth dropped open in shock, finding a beautiful gold bracelet lined with diamonds laid upon the velvety cushion. Picking it up, a small note fell out of the box causing the wolf's face to scrunch in confusion, 'Please forgive me. K.M', it read making Thea scowl. It didn't take a genius to figure out that Klaus had sent her the gift, and whilst her heart fluttered at the gesture, she was still phenomenally pissed at him.

"He's hard to get along with, my brother," an accented voice spoke from the other side of the wolf's room, startling her slightly as she scrunched up the note. Thea smiled as she recognised the voice, "no, he's just a prick," she stated honestly as she turned to face the original with a playful smile. "Hello Elijah," the wolf spoke with a warm expression causing the vampire to smile at her affectionately, "hello again, Thea."

"Whilst it's nice to see you and all that, why are you in my room, again?" the teen questioned with a confused expression, causing the original to smirk, "I was hoping you would do me the honour of accompanying me to a dinner I am hosting at the mansion later this evening," he told her from his place on the chair in her room. Thea frowned at him in response, about to reply before she was cut off by Elijah, "I can handle Niklaus. You needn't let him stop you from attending," he assured her, noticing the reluctant look on her face.

Thea nodded, smiling weakly at the vampire in front of her, "well in that case, I'd be honoured to accompany you to dinner, Mr Mikaelson," she laughed causing Elijah to laugh with her. Nodding, Elijah stood from the chair walking towards her, "I will make him pay for all that he has done, Thea. I can promise you that," he told her honestly with a sympathetic expression.

The wolf smiled at him weakly, a grateful expression on her face as she looked at the man she considered a brother. "Thank you, Lijah," she said as she hugged him, the original smiling down at her. Elijah considered Thea as another little sister. Never in his life had he met anyone so recklessly brave and selfless, he was awed by her strength and courage and he adored the way she chose to seek the good in everyone she met. She never once judged him like her friends did, she had given him a chance, and he respected her greatly for it.