XLVIII. SOMEONE YOU LOVED

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ - 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥]

―❅―𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ - 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥]

"i guess i kinda liked the way
you numbed all the pain"

✧✦✧✦✧

Hayley Marshall was someone Thea wished she'd never have the displeasure of meeting again in her life, but as it turns out fate had a funny way of working and nobody ever got what they wished for. Which is why Thea was currently stood at a truck stop somewhere in the middle of nowhere with her ex-boyfriend, watching as the brunette werewolf exited the small convenient store across them.

The Lockwood teen didn't know why she was here, she blamed her kind heart for it- it was a curse just as much as it was a blessing. Earlier that day Hayley had rang Thea, shockingly considering the young teen didn't even know the elder wolf had her number- muttering something about needing help urgently. And whilst Thea wanted to tell her to get lost and bother someone else, the wolf sounded scared and Thea couldn't find it within her to reject her. Which is why she called Klaus to help her, knowing she couldn't save the wolf on her own.

Plus, she wanted to be the one to kill Hayley for what she did, just as she promised. She couldn't just let the honour go to some stupid, idiotic vampires hired by Katherine Pierce. The soulmates watched silently as Hayley walked through a pair of eighteen wheelers, looking around cautiously as if someone was watching her. Hearing a noise, the wolf whirled her head around to look in the direction it came from, finding nothing. As she turned back to face her previous direction however, a shocked gasp left her mouth as her eyes landed on a man standing between the vehicles a few feet away from her.

Thea watched in amusement as the man used his vampire speed to rush at the wolf, pinning her against one of the trucks by her neck before throwing her to the ground. Klaus smirked down at his soulmate, finding her amusement at the situation laughable before he sped off to save the elder werewolf causing Thea to pout in annoyance- sad that her entertainment was soon to be over. The wolf rolled her eyes as she pushed herself off of Klaus' SUV, strolling over to the pair as Klaus flashed his hybrid features at the vampire, "have care, mate. That's no way to treat a lady," he mused before biting into the vampire's neck.

"Couldn't we have let her suffer just a little longer," Thea pouted as she came to a stop next to her ex-boyfriend, watching as Hayley picked herself up off the ground with a wince. "You came," Hayley muttered in surprise as her gaze landed on the Lockwood wolf in front of her, ignoring her last comment causing the wolf to smirk. "Well, you did say it was urgent," Thea mused sarcastically as the wounded vampire grunted from his spot on the ground, speeding off a second later.

Noticing Hayley's worried gaze as her eyes stared off in the direction the vampire ran off in, Klaus let out a small chuckle, "oh, don't worry about him. He'll never make it through tomorrow night," the hybrid mused. "What if there are more?" Hayley asked worriedly causing the brunette Lockwood to chuckle, "oh there will be. But you were mindless enough to make a deal with Katerina Petrova," Thea mocked causing Hayley to scowl at her.