XLVI. RULE THE WORLD

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-sɪx - 𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥]

―❅―𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-sɪx - 𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥]

"you've saved my soul,
don't leave me now,"

✧✦✧✦✧

The next day was chaotic, for everyone except Thea at least. The wolf had decided to stay cooped up in her bedroom avoiding pretty much everyone she knew. She was mad at herself with how she acted with her friends and Klaus- though she didn't necessarily regret it, she just wished she'd have done it differently. She acted out of anger and pain, and whilst it reflected how she felt towards all parties, there was a part of her that questioned whether she'd pushed it too far.

But, whilst Thea retreated into her thoughts, Damon was trying to help Jeremy and Matt escape from vampires that Klaus had compelled for Jeremy to kill in order for his map to grow. However, Kol intercepted his brother's plan and killed all the vampires himself before threatening to tear off Jeremy's arm in order to stop them from finding the cure and waking up Silas. In the end, Klaus managed to convince his brother to not harm Jeremy, but the tricky Mikaelson found a loophole and compelled Damon to kill the younger Gilbert instead.

And now Damon was locked in the cellar at the Salvatore Boarding House, which is where Thea was currently. Whilst the brunette was still in a mood with all her friends for what they had done, she couldn't deny her concern for her best friend and the rest of the group. Plus, Stefan knew that Thea was the only person Damon wouldn't dare to hurt or manipulate in his current state, which is why the wolf was currently sat in front of Damon's locked cell with a taunting smirk on her face.

"Rise and shine, Edward," the brunette taunted as Damon stirred awake with a groan, his eyes settling on the wolf's mocking smirk causing him to scowl. Stefan had been repeatedly snapping his neck in order to keep him weak so he didn't attempt to break out of the cell and kill Jeremy; something which Thea found great amusement in. "You coming to snap my neck again?" Damon weakly asked as his gaze landed on his younger brother who walked into the cellar, coming to a stop behind Thea with his arms crossed.

"Because I woke up feeling completely un-murderous, and I'm pretty sure that it's safe to set me free," he elder vampire smirked earning a glare from both Thea and Stefan in response. Keeping the glare on his face, Stefan threw a small vial of blood into the cell for his brother whilst he continued to stay silent, causing Damon to groan in annoyance. "Oh man, really? You practically bled me dry. At least spring for a bag or something. I'm thirsty," the raven haired vampire whined, earning a smirk from the brunette wolf in response.

Reaching behind the box she was currently sat on, Thea pulled out a water bottle before setting it between the bars of the cell door. "Not exactly what I had in mind," Damon grumbled as he stood up and dragged himself closer to the door to grab the bottle, his eyes narrowing as his gaze landed on the smirking vampire stood in the entrance of the cellar. "Hello, mate," Klaus' familiar voice rang out causing Thea to whip her head in his direction, her breath catching in her throat at the sight of him.