XLIX. BEAUTIFUL CREATURES

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ - 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴]

―❅―𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ - 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴]

"we fight like lions,
we howl at the moon"

✧✦✧✦✧

"I didn't hear you leave his morning, little wolf," Thea heard the silky voice of her ex-boyfriend taunt as she helped Caroline clean the mess left at the Salvatore Boarding House after the party Elena had thrown the night before. The wolf winced at the sound of his voice as guilt swirled within her. It wasn't as if she'd wanted to ditch before Klaus woke up- and as she thought back on it know, she realised how bad it made her look. But the wolf didn't know what else to do, or what to say for that fact.

The only thing she did know for sure was that if she'd have stayed, she would never leave. And no matter how much her heart ached to stay wrapped in the strong arms of her soulmate, she knew she had to leave. She needed to grow by herself, and she couldn't do that if she was wrapped around Klaus 24/7- no matter how much she wanted to be. "Yeah, sorry, Care put me on clean up duty for missing the cheer competition yesterday," Thea replied casually as she turned to face him, a calm expression on her face as she tried not clue him in on how sorry she felt.

Because if he knew just how guilty she felt for leaving, he would try to persuade her to stay; and she would cave and fall at his fee because she fell completely powerless at the mere sight of him. But she couldn't any longer, and she wouldn't. Which is why she was putting up a hard front. "Ah, yes. Why stay in a nice warm bed with the love of your life when you can help the locals clean," Klaus taunted, his smirk harsh as he looked at the brunette- displaying just how hurt he truly was by her actions.

Thea inwardly winced at his expression, but rolled her eyes none the less as she picked up a red solo cup- drinking the rest of its contents before throwing it into the large trash bag she was holding. "What are you doing here, Klaus?" she sighed as Klaus' smirk broadened. "Not judging you, for starters," the hybrid assured making Thea raise an eyebrow in disbelief- the sight of his cheeky smile and his past two comments suggesting his words were anything but the truth.

"Although if you are determined to get drunk, then perhaps I might recommend something a little more sanitary?" the original mocked, pointing to the solo cup in the wolf's hand. Maintaining eye contact, Thea lifted the cup to her lips, knocking back whatever liquid was left in it before crushing the cup in the hand and throwing it into the trash bag. Klaus raised his eyebrows, smirking at the young girl, "well then, you showed me."

The corners of Thea's mouth tugged up into a small smile as she shook her head at his comment, continuing to clean the mess as Caroline walked into the room- stopping short in her tracks as her eyes landed on the smiling original. "Ew, Klaus. What are you doing here?" the blonde asked, her tone hostile as she scowled at the hybrid, earning an eye-roll from the aforementioned original. "Caroline. Pleasure, as always," Klaus mocked with a sarcastic smile causing Thea to giggle, holding her hands up in surrender as Caroline shot her a glare.