XXXII. MISSILE

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ - 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦]

"you're fuckin with the wrong wolf baby, darkness gonna break your light"

wrong wolf baby, darkness
gonna break your light"

✧✦✧✦✧

"What do you mean you're ditching clean up committee?" Thea asked Tyler through the phone as she walked through the halls of Mystic Falls High, "Caroline's going to kill you," she teased him causing the elder Lockwood to sigh. "Klaus called. He's leaving town and wants me to pack up his house," the hybrid scoffed in annoyance causing Thea to frown as she stopped short in the hallway. Klaus was still leaving town?

He had promised her last night that he would never leave her, even in her delirious state she remembered that. He had promised it would be her and him against the world. Had he lied to her? Did he expect her to just leave her life behind and follow him? She knew they were no longer physically bonded by the soulmate bond, but the emotional connection they had formed seemed to be more prominent than ever and she wasn't going to just let him walk out of her life. Not after everything they had already been through.

But she also wasn't prepared to leave behind the life she already had either. Her friends. Her family. Her brother. She was caught between a rock and a hard place and she didn't have a clue how to handle it. "Since when does sire bond equal mover slave?" Thea teased her brother in an attempt to distract her from her plaguing thoughts, causing Tyler to laugh softly, "since he realised I wasn't just going to sit back and let him date my little sister."

"Ugh, you're both being petty," the brunette groaned as she continued to walk down the hall, making her way to the cafeteria to meet Caroline and Rebekah. "And he still thinks I'm sired to him. I'm still surprised you didn't tell him about that by the way, I was certain your babble mouth wouldn't be able to keep it a secret," the hybrid teased causing Thea to roll her eyes, "I am capable of keeping secrets you know," she muttered with a scowl causing Tyler to laugh.

"Even if it means making the devil mad?" he asked causing Thea to smirk slightly, "especially if it means he gets mad. You're my family, Ty. I'd never do anything to put you in danger," the brunette replied causing Tyler to smile on the other end of the line. "Hey, I gotta go. Be safe, T, I love you," the older twin stated causing Thea to nod, replying once she realised he couldn't see her, "love you too, Ty. See you at home."

As soon as the young wolf had hung up she heard a noise from behind her, startling her as she dropped the bags she was holding. Turning around to face the direction of the noise, Thea looked down the hall with a look of confusion, attempting to figure out the source of the noise. As she did, Alaric sped passed from behind her causing her to turn back around in fright. "Hello?" she called out in confusion before picking up the dropped bags and walking into the cafeteria.