XLI. UNPREDICTABLE

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ-ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ - 𝘶𝘯𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦]

"i like us when we're unpredictable, cause that's when love is so phenomenal"

unpredictable, cause that's
when love is so phenomenal"

✧✦✧✦✧

"Thea, wake up," the brunette heard the familiar voice of her soulmate coax causing her to groan in annoyance as she turned over in an attempt to escape him, "no," she grumbled earning a sigh from the hybrid. "Thea," Klaus whispered into her ear, his breath on the base of her neck causing her body to arch instinctively. Thea groaned as she opened her eyes, finding herself on a plane rather than in the comfort of Klaus' silk sheets causing her to shoot up.

"Where are we?" the young wolf asked as her eyes fluttered around the jet in confusion, stopping when they landed on the smirking face of her soulmate, "France. Paris to be exact," Klaus shrugged casually with a wide smile. "Paris?!" Thea squealed in excitement as she sat up straighter in her seat, staring at the hybrid with so much love and adoration.

"I promised I'd take you out for dinner and you're friends ruined it. So I figured, what better place than the city of love to make up for it?" Klaus said, watching as a wide grin began to appear on Thea's face. "Who knew the big bad hybrid was such a romantic?" she smirked causing the original to laugh, shaking his head adorably. "Only for you," he responded with a loving smile.

"I didn't think it was possible for me to love you any more than I already do," Thea smiled at original as she crawled into his arms with a warm smile. Klaus smiled down at her, finally feeling accomplished within his life. He had lived over 1,000 years, shedding blood and gaining power throughout. Ruling over people, over cities wherever he went. And yet, none of it meant anything to him. The only thing that made him truly believe he belonged, that truly made him feel strong and powerful, was the love that Thea blessed him with.

And he didn't know what he did to deserve it, but he prayed to God every day that he didn't destroy it. She was the only good thing in his life. The best bit about him. Without her, he was nobody. Just the ruthless hybrid that killed and tormented to get what he wanted. She brought out the good in him, and whilst he hated it at the beginning, he had come to accept that it was a part of him.

He was capable of love, of forgiveness. Of true happiness. And she gave it all to him, willingly. She bared her soul and heart to him openly, allowing him to love her recklessly and passionately, her doing the same for him in return. Even if they were no longer bonded by his mother's spell, they were bounded for life. No other could cause his heart to stir the way she did. No other could ever compare. She was it for him, always and forever.

"I love you," he told her as he stared at her with so much love causing the wolf to smile up at him with the same expression. Klaus leant down to seal his declaration with a kiss, only for Thea to place her hand in front of his face in return, "morning breath," she denied, pushing the hybrid away from her.