XXXV. ASHES

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ - 𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘴]

"what's left to do with these broken pieces on the floor? i'm losing my voice calling on you"

broken pieces on the floor? i'm
losing my voice calling on you"

✧✦✧✦✧

The next morning, Thea was just about to walk out of Klaus' bedroom when a pair of strong arms circled around her waist. "Leaving without saying goodbye? Careful love, you might just break my heart," Klaus teased before peppering small kisses down the side of the brunettes neck, causing her to sigh softly before a scowl fell on her face, still being incredibly pissed at him for allowing her to mourn both him and her brother.

"Hmm. We wouldn't want that would we?" she muttered coldly, pulling herself from his grip and continuing on her path out of his room. The hybrid followed after her as she walked down the marble staircase in the Mikaelson mansion, a confused expression on his face. "Little wolf?" he called hesitantly as Thea continued to storm around the mansion, not stopping back to look at him once.

"You left me," the brunette stated suddenly, whipping her head around to face him, her eyes narrowed with a deep scowl on her face, "you told me you'd never leave me, and you did." Klaus watched her for a second before shrugging, "it was hardly my fault, love. I mean, it was your friends that put me in that coffin in the first place," he stated calmly as if it was nothing. Thea stared at him in disbelief at how casually he had dismissed her feelings.

She had believed he was dead. She had mourned him. Her heart had shattered at the thought of never seeing him again, and here he was, alive and seemingly blaming her for her friends actions. How could he care so little about the pain and torment she had gone through? Did she mean that little to him? "I thought you were dead," she hissed, tears gathering in her eyes as she stared at the hybrid in front of her in a heated anger.

"I thought my brother was dead. I mourned you. My heart broke thinking I'd never see you both again," the young wolf carried on, causing the hybrid to look to the floor in shame. He hadn't meant to cause her so much pain. In truth, he hadn't really considered how she'd react- selfish, maybe, but in his defence he didn't really have much time to in the moment. Klaus knew he couldn't trust the brunette's friends, no matter how much blind faith she had that they could all get along happily, he wasn't naïve.

So, when he saw a situation arising, he made a deal with Bonnie to ensure his safety, neglecting to tell his soulmate. It wasn't a big deal to him as he knew that he'd be safe, but he didn't think about Thea, and that's where he went wrong. "Through everything I have been by your side. I fell in love with you in spite of everything you've done and you don't care," Thea stated sadly, the tears that had gathered in her eyes finally falling freely down her face.

"I do care, Thea. You're the only good thing in my life, I'm sorry for hurting you so much. I'd lose my mind if I were ever to lose you," Klaus retorted softly, walking closer to the young wolf. Klaus wiped her tears before grabbing her small hands in his making the brunette smile slightly. "I love you, little wolf. And I plan to show you just how much when I get back into town," he teased with a smirk but his words made Thea freeze.