Chapter 4

Liana

Oliver walked in with the same girl we met in Japan. Her hands on Oliver's arm as they both walked in. I frowned, it is weird they are here of all the places.

"This place is internet worthy." She squealed.

"Her voice sounds like those squeaky duck." Liam surprised me with that comment, he said it so softly that only I heard it and I laughed. This child is amusing.

"She will hear that." I told him as I put my fingers on my lip and he did those zipping his mouth movement and give me a toothy smile.

My heart warmed at his smile. He is indeed a handsome child.

Oliver looked at me and his looks could burn a hole. I tried ignoring them, but the woman decided to make it more awkward by saying,

"Hey, didn't we met before in Japan." She said with a fake smile as she approached Liam and I.

"Yea." I said awkwardly.

"What are you doing in Seattle?" She asked and I wanted to roll my eyes.

"Work." I said with the equal fake smile.

"Liana." Oliver said coming to me and his voice sounded desperate and I looked at him, unsure.

"Hi." I said waving at him lightly.

"How are you?" His voice was soft and for the first time, I felt so happy seeing a familiar face that my eyes turned moist and I tried to hold back my tears.

"Fine" I said to him, but I was not really fine. It was difficult to move to a new city, not really knowing anyone and I felt lonely and upset, but that was my decision and I can't go back now when I invested a lot to move here.

"I'm glad." He said looking relieved. Megan, did not seem to like our exchange as she pulled Oliver's arm telling him to go with her to one corner of the room to take her picture.

"I will see you later." He said and I nodded my head and sat down.

"She is annoying." Liam said as he started chewing the cookies.

"Why do you say so?" I asked.

"She just is." He said not really explaining why and I looked at him. I still have to figure him out.

I smiled at him. "Are you going to school?" I asked him.

"Kindergarten." He said and frowned. "I have an event, but grandma is busy."

"Can I come?" I asked and his eyes widened.

"Can you?" He asked.

"When is it?"

"End of this month's Friday." He said.

"I can make it." I said to him.

He got out from his seat to hug me. "Thank you Liana." And I smiled at him.

Oliver and Megan sat down at the other end of the room and I can feel Oliver's eyes on me even without looking at him.

When Liam was done eating and talking.. his grandma called him to go do his homework.

He whined that he did not want to do his homework and I laughed and asked if he wants to do it here and he excitedly exited to get his bag. Liam is actually pretty smart and needed less help. Every now and then he would look at me and say something and smile at me and I smiled at him. Oliver and Megan sat there for quite long too and I was pretty surprise. I heard Megan said that she wanted to go back to the hotel and Oliver said okay, but made no move to leave and eventually Megan had to leave Oliver-might I add hesitantly.