Chapter 20

Liana

"Thank you for your help, girls." Matthew, Caitlin's uncle thanked up.

"No problem." Caitlin said.

"I enjoyed the experience." I tell him.

Matthew was sharing the tips and some earnings with us, but we politely rejected it because we felt like he needed the help because he seemed stressed out with the very less helping hands today.

As soon as I stepped out, I see Oliver. His face a little flushed and his eyes was blazing with fire.

"Liana." He muttered clearly not happy.

"So you now show up." Caitlin smiled with innocent. "How lovely."

Oliver's eyes turned into dagger and glared at Caitlin and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Baby, let's go home." He said, his tone turning soft and eyes was warmer than before and I scoffed.

"Did you have fun with that woman?" Caitlin asked clearly adding fuel to the fire and Oliver eyed me cautiously.

"Baby, I can explain." He tells me and I smiled at Oliver. A fake and confident smile.

"I am going home." I tell him and his eyes showed sign of relieved.

"I mean my home and Caitlin is dropping me." And it was like a slap to his face because he panic.

"I will make sure she get home safe, so stop pretending you are worried for her and enjoy with that b*tch." Caitlin said and Oliver snapped.

"Who are you calling a b**ch when you yourself is one."

I glared at Oliver and said, "She is telling the truth." And Oliver looked at me with anger. "Liana." He warned and I glared at him.

"We are over." I said to him and he laughed, a dark laugh.

"You always run. You don't even try." He said. "She was right." And I didn't question him either because there is no point.

"Good luck." I tell him and turned around and he caught my wrist.

"If you leave right now, we are officially over, Liana."

"Maybe we should just stop trying? We are just not meant to be." And just like that his hand left my wrist and I left him for the second time in our relationship.

"I am sorry." Caitlin tell me as soon as we drove out.

"Don't be.. this was meant to happen." I said and stopped talking.

Just like that, Oliver and I ended our relationship and I thought maybe it is for our best.

It's been a year and 4 months now, I have a stable full time job as an artist in George's Publishing House. I earned quite a lot with my work sold to the comic website and I get paid for every new reads and advertisement. I make book covers for the publishing house and even comic strips for George to publish and so far, it is good. I thought my life was going miserably after Oliver and my sudden end of relationship, but I stood strong and here I am entering George's building, the company is big with few locations around the world. Oliver continued to make headlines with Megan and it was obvious that they are dating and Oliver seemed happy, a lot happier to me. In the beginning, it did hurt, but I had to let him go.

Mia, my sister officially moved into the city with me and is staying with me at my new apartment which is a lot bigger than before and have a better and beautiful location. Caitlin became my official manager and I believe she is happy with the job, that is what she said to me. My identity is hidden to the world and I go by another name as an Artist and everything is going smoothly for me. I landed myself in a blind date which was set-up by my best friend Stacy, who too moved to Seattle. She thought that I was not over yet with Oliver, even though I kept reassuring her.

Sitting in a fancy restaurant was the last thing I wanted and here I am sitting and waiting for my suppose to be date who is late.

"I'm sorry." I heard an apologies from behind me and I turned and was surprised to meet a pair of grey eyes staring at me and his black hair swept back and my eyes widened in surprised.

"Hey!" He smiled. "It's you? How have you been?" It was the same guy who I have encounter on the day that Oliver and I broke up and he saved me from those trashy dudes in the restaurant.

"It's been a while." I said, "Jeez." I was happy to see him.

"I did catch your name from last time, Liana, right?" He asked.

"You still remember?" I asked and he give me a small smile.

"I am Kingsley." He said and I smiled. I think tonight wouldn't be that bad? Or so I thought.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading, please give it a Vote and a share! Happy readings!