Chapter 30

Liana

There was many thoughts running in my mind as we both sat in the backseat of his car, while an older man, who I have never met before drove us to our destination, "Did Megan come to this home before? Did she see the rooms Oliver built just for me? Why Oliver never stayed over at that place? Was he still staying in the apartment from before?"

"Baby, what is it?" He asked as he took hold of my hand and I give him a quizzical look.

"Your face tells me you have some concerns and questions." He said chuckling lightly.

"Are you still staying in the apartment?"

He took a sharp breath and nodded.

"Before you ask why-let me answer, I was not ready to move on and seeing things that reminded me of you did hurt me because I had plans for us and then you ran away and the worse is I cannot even find you."

To make things better, I teased him. "still stalking?"

"I was just checking on you." He said rolling his eyes.

"People will believe you are a stalker instead of a businessman."

He laughed, "Sure, I was planning to open a secret company under your name."

I gasped and he chuckled. The drive was short, we arrived in an expensive hotel and I was surprised by the cameras and the people around the hotel.

"My grandma is a social butterfly." He explained. "She was always on the spotlight at a very young age."

"Was she an influencer?" I asked.

He laughed, "She was the daughter of a multi billionaire that time."

"Is being a billionaire runs in the family?" I asked and he scratched his head. "I really don't know."

The car stopped right near the entrance and some guards ran and but out the red ribbon barrier in front of the journalists.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Sure?" I said.

"We should be fine." He said but he seemed nervous.

"I believe we should be fine." I assured him and he looked a little relieved and he opened the door. Oliver opened my side of the door and I was blinded by the pictures. I trust Dylan's security of making sure that my information will not be revealed in this process. Oliver held my hand as we walked towards the stairs to enter.

Questions was thrown at Oliver, to which he simply ignored it at first

"Is she your new girlfriend?" One screamed on Oliver's face as he stopped abruptly.

"She is not my new girlfriend. She was always my girlfriend." Oliver said with a very serious tone.

"What about Megan?" Someone else shouted and I did not understand why Oliver was answering their questions, if one ask and he answer, they will keep throwing questions and there will be endless answers and assumptions of the people.

"Megan was always my friend." He said.

"was?" another asked.

My hands on Oliver tighten and Oliver looked at me. "Liana and I was on a break, there was nothing going on between Megan and I. We are just friends." And he pulled me along to the inside.

"Are you okay?" He asked as soon as we stepped away from the questionnaire.

"I think so?" I said. "Are you?"

"I won't lie and say that I am okay, there is a lot of things that I have to deal with." He said frowning.

"Anything you would like to share?"