Chapter 46

Bonus Update: Thank you for 7k reads! ❤️

Liana

"Are you okay?" I heard someone asked me, it was an older woman. I nodded my head.

"9-1-1 is on its way." Another assured me as she squeezed my shoulder gently.

Oliver shoved them away lightly, "I am her boyfriend." He said to them. "What happened, baby? Are you okay?" He panic looking at the amount of blood. His face turned hard and looked around. Lucas looked concerned behind Oliver.

"Where the f*ck were you all?" He glared at the few people, who just arrived. I assume was the guards.

"There was a huge crowd, baby." I said to him and squeeze his hand gently, it was a mistake, because now his hand was covered with my blood and he was more angry and glared at the men and women.

"That's an excuse." Oliver snapped and I winced, not from the pain this time, but from his tone. He noticed, "We will talk later." He muttered to the guards and lifted me up, bridal style.

"I am okay." I said. "They missed the spot."

Oliver did not say anything. The paramedic arrived and access my wound and said that I have to be taken to the hospital, Mia and everyone else arrived and Oliver said that he is with me and made it short and simple, that everyone can go back to the tour; Jason and Kingsley came along with us, Lucas was forced to stay back to protect the others along with Grayson.

Oliver was with me in the Ambulance; he looked like he will explode anytime soon.

"I am fine." I assured him. He did not say anything.

When we reached the hospital and I was getting treatment by the doctor and nurses, Oliver said he will come back. I know, he will be speaking to the two security that followed us.

"Please." I pleaded him and he sat back on the chair beside mine.

"That still don't help." He said. "They were on duty and yet you still got hurt and you were with me and you still did."

"Hey!" I said squeezing his hand. "It just happened, it was crowded." I noticed his other hand which was on his lap turned into a fist.

"The wound was not deep, she should recover soon." The doctor, who I learnt her name was Chloe, give me a reassuring smile. "I will prescribe some tablet for you, if we still feel excessive pain, please do return- we will check your wound again, we cleaned the wound, so let's hope there is no infection."

"There shouldn't be, if you do your job right." Oliver snapped at her.

"I'm sorry." I apologize to Dr. Chloe.

"We still have to be cautious even if I did my job right." She said with a smile and give me a reassuring smile. "You can leave after sometime."

Jason and Kingsley came in as soon as the Doctor exited. Kingsley did not say anything and was waiting for Oliver to say or do something.

"I want a new team." Oliver said standing up from his place, I realized his shirt had some of my blood making me feel uncomfortable.

"Working on it." Jason said. "I will be asking some of them from back home."

"Good, have all of them fired." He muttered.

"Wait, what?" I asked surprised. "But, I said- it is not their fault. It was crowded."

"Whether it was crowded to not, they were meant to protect, the enemy attacked when their guard was down." Kingsley spoke finally.

"At least, you spoke something useful for the first time." Oliver said approvingly.

"I feel it is unfair." I pouted. "It was crowded and you told them to keep their distance from me, they wouldn't be able to reach me with that crowd.

"Now is not the time to argue." Oliver said, as he brushed my hair to the side.

"I will argue because I feel it is unfair towards them."

"When is the world so fair?" He asked.

"Okay, let's give them another chance?"

"What if something worse happened to you? Do you think they would still deserved another chance?" He asked.

"But, I am fine." I said. "It's a minor injury."

"I know you are more than fine seeing you have the energy to argue with me, I am exhausted. I will think about it." He pursed his lips.

"Any idea of who it might be?" Kingsley asked.

"You saw the person who stabbed you?"

"It was crowded, the person was wearing a dark navy blue hoodie."

"Hoodie? At this weather?" Kingsley asked surprised. "Definitely, trying to hide their identity." He muttered. "We will be working on this, together." He looked at Oliver. "This is not a suggestion, I am telling you. Liana, is precious to me, we are friends- I protect my close ones."

"I think I can do that." Oliver said. "Until we find that piece if sh*t."

"The police are already involved, so we might as well tell them the details." Jason said.

"Sure." Oliver said. "Call Michael and his legal team."

"Already did it." Jason said. "Are we keeping it away from everyone?"

"Definitely." I said. "We can say that it was a theft or something?"

The three of them give me a weird look and I smiled sheepishly.

"You seem more than fine, baby." Oliver said.

"I said already, I am more than fine." I said rolling my eyes. "It's just a little stab."

"You are a strong one." Jason said as he pat my head and Oliver smacked his hand away.

"Don't touch my girlfriend."

Jason chuckled and winked at me, "No winking, no flirting." Oliver warned and Jason made a face behind Oliver'a back, which made me laugh out loud.

"You can leave, whenever you are ready." Dr. Chloe came back with prescription and instructions about the wound and treatments that I need, when I take off the bandage.

"There will be doctors and nurses around her for sometime, we should be fine." Oliver said. "Thanks for your help."

"I did my duty." Dr. Chloe said nodding, "Take care, Ms. Parker and I hope the criminal will be caught soon."

I thanked the Doctor and looked at Oliver, "Let's get out of here." And I moved way too quickly and winced at the pain.

"Baby, slow down." He said.

"I'm all good." I said and he shake his head.

Author's Note: Thank you for your support, please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers! Next update is tomorrow. Happy readings!