Chapter 17

Liana

True to his words, he was there before 5 pm and I can see him waiting patiently inside the Cafe. He waved at me and I waved back and I went to him with Coffee and cookies.

"What is this?" He asked.

"From the house." I teased.

"Why?"

"Because you are handsome." I winked at him.

He laughed as he did not expected that. "So, only handsome people get free drinks from you?"

"No." I said. "Someone who deserve it gets it."

"Someone who stole your heart?"

"You can say that." I laughed at him. We left the place soon and I was exhausted. It was pretty busy today.

Oliver drove us home, to his home? I went to shower first and when I came out I saw Oliver in the kitchen, attempting to make dinner. He was shirtless and wearing a grey sweatpants. He most probably took a shower as his hair was still dripping with water. He smiled as he saw me.

"Lasagna?" He asked.

"Sounds delicious." I smiled. "Need help?"

"I am good." He tells me. "What are you doing this weekend?"

My smiled disappeared and I looked anywhere else but him, "just meeting with my friend, what about you?"

"You mean that friend we met before?" He asked looking at me.

"She is weird." He tells me.

"She is sweet." I corrected him and he laughed. "I have an appointment with someone for work, you want to come with me? She-actually won the company's comic contest." He said looking at my reaction.

"I think I am good." I said brushing him off.

"I thought you will be a little interested to meet someone who does the same thing as you."

"I thought so too." I said.

"Is it because she won?" He asked and I laughed and shake my head.

"I am good, I am meeting with someone else, remember?"

"Do not drink." He said. "You and her." He shakes his head

"It is not Caitlin." I said to him and turned around. You will be meeting Caitlin.

"Then who?" I heard him drop the things and came to me. I turned to look at him.

"Just some old friends." I assured him.

He rolled his eyes. "Can I trust them?"

"You can trust me." I said and he smiled.

Well, should I be telling him, that I am Leanna Johnson, the girl who he is suppose to be signing contracts with?

"I trust you." He said to me with the most sincere smile and I frowned and thought about what he would say if he find out from someone else about my other identity.

"I think I should tell you about it." I said out loud and he looked at me, with a question look.

"About what?" He asked and then his phone rang that time. "Baby, just hold on, okay?"

And there goes my second chance of admitting the truth to him. Why do I feel like I should not be telling him ?

When Oliver returned from that phone call, I dismissed the topic and said I was hungry. We ate and watched some show and went to bed.

At least, I know I went to bed and Oliver just sat on the bed to read some files, but making sure that the bed side lamp did not bother me. He played with my hair while reading a file and that is how I felt asleep.

Oliver woke up before me and he said he will drop me off to work before he go to check out something related to work.

Caitlin visited me during the work place and she wanted to back out.

"I am so embarrassed and you want me to meet him again." She said groaning and this freaked me out.

"But you agreed!"

"That's because I thought I can, I embarrassed myself and I was rude with him."

"He didn't mind." I said

"I sure did." She said frowning.

"Please Caitlin."

"How about you join us?" She asked.

"But?" I said unsure.

"Please, it will make me feel so much better." She said.

"I don't know." I said.

"You can go with Oliver and I will pretend to be the Manager as planned."

"I am not sure." I said. "I already told Oliver that I was meeting up with a friend."

"You can tell him change of plan and would come with him, so you can hang out with me later."

Her idea sounded not too bad, but I was not sure if it will go as smoothly as it sounded, but I had to take a chance.

"Fine." I said.

"I am really sorry." She said to me.

"I am thankful you even agreed to do it in the first place." I said to her and she give me a week smile.

Author's Note:  It's been a long time readers, we apologize for the sudden break.. we are back!!! We are getting lots of feed backs for our first book, Beautiful You. It's been amazing. Thank you for all your support.