Chapter 47

Liana

Four officers was questioning me about the incident and Oliver looked very annoyed.

"Let me remind you, officers. My girlfriend is the victim and she just got discharged and need to be resting and you are not helping in this situation."

"Mr.Lee, we understand the trauma, Ms. Parker is surely having, but we want to assure you that, we want to help with the investigation. Mr.Kyle, told us that your legal team will be involve and you have hired the best team to protect, Ms. Parker. We just have the same goal, that is to find the criminal."

"Definitely." I interrupted. "Oliver is just a bit upset."

"We totally understand." The woman said.

"Here is our business card, we will be investigating and will let you know if we find any clue." The male officer said and give me his card.

"I think we will be working closely." Jason came back with Kingsley and looked at the officer.

"That will be great." The woman officer said, looking at Oliver.

We thanked them and walked out of the hospital. I was not surprised that a car was waiting for us. Oliver took in charge of the wheel after putting me in my seat, he said I should sit comfortably at the back. He made sure Kingsley sat beside him in the passenger seat.

"Are you increasing your security?" Kingsley asked.

"I did." Oliver nodded. "Caleb, will be coming to Seattle." He looked at me from rear view mirror.

"Sweet." I muttered.

"You are calling security from NYC?" Kingsley asked.

"Yeah, they are my most trusted and strong group of security."

"We always hire the best one." Jason interrupted.

"If only I followed you." Oliver said angrily as he gripped the wheel tightly.

"Do you think it was a good idea allowing him to drive when he is angry?" Kingsley asked worriedly looking at Jason.

"I am thinking that too." Jason agreed. "You want to switch?"

"I am driving to Richmond." Oliver said.

"Yup, Grayson said everyone is shook and they all went back to the hotel and expect Liana to call them." Jason muttered beside me.

"Did you contact Dr. Allison?" Oliver asked.

"They are sending a nurse to look after Liana."

"What?" I asked. "I am fine!"

"Just in case." Oliver said and he give me a look in the rear-view that said, no arguments and I slumped back in the seat, It looks like I have no say and I did not reply and looked out of the window.

After sometime, I watched as we entered the familiar neighbourhood and finally pulled to Oliver's home. I stepped out of the car as soon as we pulled in. I winced in pain and reminded myself to be gentle.

"Liana, Wait." Oliver called out.

"When you are ready to hear me and decide to understand and discuss, then I will see you." I said and headed inside. He stayed behind and I heard him sigh.

Jamie met me with worried look.

"Ms. Parker, are you fine? I heard from Master that you."

I interrupted him and politely said, "I am fine, Jamie. Thank you. I will be in my room."

He nodded his head and I walked upstairs. I shut the door behind me and sighed. I sat with my iPad and looked through my work mails and Dylan's mail, when there was a knock and Oliver peeped in.

"Are you ready for a talk?"

"Whenever you are ready to listen."

"I am always ready to listen."

"When?" I asked.

He sighed as he stepped in and shut the door behind. He had changed into a grey shirt and black joggers and sat close to me and put his forehead on mine and said, "You should be glad that I love you so much.

"So you mean to say." I was annoyed now as I moved away from him and glared.

"First listen to me- what I meant to say is you should be glad that I love you so much that it hurts seeing you mad at me."

"Is that suppose to be a good thing?" I asked.

"Good and bad, you have power to break me and mend me."

"I have no intention of breaking you." I whispered.

"I know, but that is an example of how much I love you to allow you that much power over me."

"It sounds so bad."

"It's not suppose to be bad, but I hope I cleared any misunderstanding and I hope you know why I am doing some of the things that you dislike. It is all because I want to protect and keep you safe."

"But isn't it excessive?"

"I want to give you the world and for that I first have to protect you."

"I am not used to these things, Oliver."

"And I am not used to being possessive and clingy either, I am trying to minimize everything. I protect the things and people I love, You are my top priority. I have to keep you safe."

I leaned to him. "There should be mutual discussion of protection like how hiring a nurse is unnecessary."

"Like the doctor said, we have to watch for infection and everything else. I can't take chances!"

"She said possibilities and not like it will."

"Still a no." He said firmly.

"Look at you, you are not allowing me to make decision here"

"I can allow you to make decision of anything else, but when it comes to protecting and security. That's my decision because I know you will say no and make some excuses, but you have to see from my point of view too- imagine, me getting hurt?"

"Don't say it that way."

"You have to see where I am going, baby. I can't lose you."

"You won't."

"There is still that piece of sh*t roaming." He muttered annoyed.

I laughed.

"It is nothing funny." He said.

"You make it funny." I said.

"Sure." He said and kissed my forehead. "Kingsley and I have a meeting. We had a talk and decided to keep you away from this specific meeting."

"Why is that so?"

"Because you need to rest and stress less. Watch some movies or tell Jamie what you want to eat."

I rolled my eyes, "I will contact everyone first."

"You definitely should." He said agreeing.

"At least you agreed to something now." I teased.

"How funny is that." He rolled his eyes.

Author's Note: Please give it a Vote and a share. Thank you for your support. It means a lot to me. Look out for the bonus chapter as it seem like we will be hitting 8k reads soon! Thank you so much for reading this book and 'Beautiful You'