01

I was born on October 1st, 1989.

I was among the other 43 children who were born that day, only our mothers hadn't been pregnant moments before.

Soon after I was born a man contacted my mother about taking me from her for a large sum of money, to which she agreed. which landed me in the Hargreeves family.

The man called himself Sir Reginald Hargreeves. And he had now found eight of us, so called miracle children.

Number one. Luther. Space Boy.

Number two. Diego. The Kraken.

Number three. Allison. The Rumor.

Number four. Klaus. The Séance.

Number five. Five. The Boy.

Number six. Ben. The Horror.

Number seven. Vanya. She was ordinary.

And number eight. me. The Mystery.

No one outside of the umbrella academy knew of my powers, father liked to keep it that way, for reasons.

Reason number one. I had shown my first sign of power not long after the age of two. streaks of my hair began to turn grey and wrinkles stared appearing onto my face every so often before disappearing. Age control.

Reason number two. Once my seventh birthday started approaching another power started to seep through. Statics began appearing on any device near me. My hair sometime flaring up as if i had just experienced and electric shock. Electric Manipulation

And reason number three. My thirteenth birthday i had approached my father as normal but he called me another name. Ben. Ben then entered the room before running out screaming moments after. I pulled out one of his key rings from my pocket and put it down onto the table before turning back into myself. Shapeshifting with their property.

Once we had reached a suitable age in father's eyes he began sending us out of the umbrella academy to help the outside world. In which he would send us in pairs. Allison and Luther. Diego and Five. Ben and Klaus. Which left me.

I had a choice to join one of them or go alone.

I knew i was capable enough to go alone.

My powers made missions as easy as slicing through butter. As i was seen as the most powerful in fathers eyes he didn't hesitate to sending me alone.

And with all this it seems i was living the life everyone wanted. Without the twelve hours of training a day. No secrets. And the only free time we managed to get was half an hour and noon on a saturday.

But everyone had their secrets. Even if it was only a tiny, little, crush.

~

"Shut up!" Klaus yelled as Ben's eyes grew wide.

"Really? Why him? I mean, he is super rude,  and just generally a dick, and-" Ben began to list the many missed features.

"I don't know." I huffed, throwing my arms in the air. "There is just something about him. He doesn't follow the rules. He does what he wants."

"Ah the classic movie type of boy. Still-" Ben was interrupted by the ringing of Grace's small bell,

"Kids, dinner is ready." She announced followed by footsteps walking down the stairs.

"You can't tell anyone, promise?"

"Promise." The two boys said in unison before the three of us rushed down stairs for dinner.

Dinner was silent. Always. We stood behind our chairs, waiting for father to arrive to then announce we are allowed to eat.

But for a change the silence was broken. Five stood with a knife in hand, slamming it into the arm of the chair.

"Time travel." he stated, he complained as father refused to allow him to try. And today was the day we lost five.