02

My jaw fell agape no as I watched the television wide eyed. 'Reginald Hargreeves passed away last night in his home.'

My father had died.

I tapped my foot of the floor anxiously, wondering what to do. I wouldn't be able to sleep for another night or two if I continue to worry.

What if someone had something out for him? And decided to kill him? Will everyone be there? Or did many contemplate as i am now?

Many questions filled my mind as my body began to shake slightly in my armchair.

Once the voices in my head began to clear away the phone rang.

"Hello, Miss y/n."

"Pogo?"

"Yes. I'm dearly sorry about your father. The funeral will be in two days time at The Umbrella Academy, you are free to accept or decline the invitation but i know he would have wanted you there."

"I will think about it." I say bluntly before putting down the phone and putting my head in my hands.

I continued to tap my foot on the ground, quicker. Was I ready to see them all again? Was I ready to accept Ben was gone? And was I really ready to accept Five is never coming back?

~

The next morning I woke up in my armchair. i had fell asleep down stairs for the third time this week already. I lent down to grab the tv remote and switched to the news channels, dad was everywhere.

We barely saw him as kids. Always working. Never had time for us. We barely saw him as teenagers. Always working. Never had time for us. Never saw him as adults. Well, because he's dead.

I dashed to my bedroom and put on my work clothes. Sage Green was my favourite colour so i didn't mind the uniform as much. My mind kept wondering over to dad as i tied an apron around my waist, do i go to the funeral?

I threw my hair up before grabbing all my belongings and rushing out the door.

I extended my hand into the road as cars flew by until a taxi pulled over allowing me to get in. "Jazz's Cafe, please. And fast."

The taxi driver nodded in understanding before he began to drive. He took many shortcuts, some i hadn't even known existed, getting me there in just over five minutes.

"Thank you." i grinned sweetly as i passed my money from the back seat. Then slipping out the car and into the café.

"Mornin' honey." A familiar voice greeted me, the same each day.

I smiled softly, "Morning Holly," before slipping behind the counter and into the kitchen.

Everyone was already cooking. It was less than 30 minutes until we opened, I just hoped no one other than Holly had seen me sneak in.

Holly was much younger than me. But as for the way we look in age i could look even younger than her. I used the benefits of my powers to help me get around in the city. Meaning even at work i'm 30 going on 17.

"Y/n! Get to it." I hear a voice yell behind me, a I decide not to bother turning around and getting on with my work.

~

I would of said the day went on as any other. Except, it didn't.

The thought of going back clawed at my mind. Would it only bring back bad memories? How was I meant to know. "I'm going to do it."