36

"The bastard that nearly killed our sister's still out there, with Vanya. We need to go after here."

"Vanya is not important."

"Hey, that's your sister. A little heartless, even for you Five."

"She is important! What if he kills her?" I ask, pacing around the room.

"I'm not saying I don't care about her, but if the apocalypse happens today, she dies along with the other seven billion of us. Harold Jenkins is our fist priority."

"I agree. Let's go."

"You guys count me out. I mean, you know, no offence or whatever. It's just... I kind of feel like this is a whole lot of pressure for newly-sober me, so..."

"You're coming."

"No." He repeated. "I mean, I think we can all agree that my powers... i mean it's pretty much useless. I'd just be holding you guys back."

"Klaus." I say, "get off your ass."

"You can't make me."

I hold up my hand and let sparks of lightning emerge from my finger tips while Diego pulls out a knife.

"Oh, then again, a little exercise couldn't hurt. Yeah."

~

"It's not exactly what I was expecting."

"The understatement of the year."

"No sign of Vanya."

"Let's get out of here, before the cops come."

"In a minute."

"I will be outside." I announce, walking out the house.

~

"No sign of Vanya."

"She isn't in any of the rooms."

"She's not downstairs, either."

"Well I'm out."

"Wait."

"Diego." I call.

"Where are you going?"

"Vanya is still out there, and so are Hazel and Cha-Cha."

Diego turns. "I know. I'm gonna get my thing and then I'm outta here. I got some unfinished business with those fools." He then turns back and walks down stairs.

"Hey, did dad say anything about the apocalypse when you spoke to him?" Five questioned.

"Any clues as to how it happened?" I continued.

"No, no clues. Truly terrific shave. But no clues."

"Jeez." Five sighed.

"You know, come to think of it, he did mention something about me potential and how I've barely scratched the surface of my-" Klaus faced down the stairs after five while I stood still in place.

"How did he know about the apocalypse?"

"I don't know, but listen. This whole jumping through time thing of yours, how did...how did you know how to do that?"

I walked slowly down the stairs while they continued to talk. "I didn't."

"You'd realise that if you were actually sober."

"Hey I am sober. I've been sober for two- almost two days now."

"Yeah, two days."

"And you're doing amazing Klaus." I add with a smile.

"Thank you again y/n." He smiled. "It feels like 45 years."

"Who are you kidding Klaus? I've seen you fidgeting all day."

"Well I guess we're both fighting our addictions, then."

"I'm not an addict."

"Yeah, you are. You're addicted to a drug called the apocalypse."

"You're wrong."

"First sign. Denial."

Five teleported to the other side of Klaus as he turned. "You and I, we're not the same."

"I've seen that look in the eye of someone who doesn't know who they are without their high anymore. Trust me. You gotta just let it go."