20

"Woo!" I hear Klaus shout, running out of the store with a hand full of food.

"Klaus How did you afford so much?" I ask, but the worker that ran after him answered my question.

"Hey, Stop! Get back here!"

"Excuse me!" I yell, causing the worker to turn around. "Here." I say, pulling out twenty dollars, "for him."

We watch as Klaus runs past the van and shouting "Hey, bitches!" Towards Luther and Five.

I smile before running after Klaus, also shouting, "Klaus, get your ass over here now!"

~

"I mean, do you really think Mom would hurt Dad?" Vanya asked as the small video played on the box television.

"You haven't been home in a long time, Vanya. Maybe you don't know Grace anymore."

"If he was poisoned, it would have shown in the coroner's report."

"Well, I don't need a report to tell me what I can see with my own eyes."

"Maybe all that low gravity in space messed with your vision." Diego leans in and presses a button, "look closer, Dad has his monocle. Mom stands up. Monocle's gone."

"Oh, Yeah!" Klaus chuckled.

"She wasn't poisoning him. She was... taking it. To clean it."

"Then where is it? No, I've searched the house, including her things, she doesn't have it."

"That's because I took it from her."

"Plot twist." I add, as me and Klaus laugh.

"After the funeral."

"You've has the monocle this whole time? What the hell, Diego?"

"Give it to me."

"I threw it away."

"You what?"

"Look, I knew that if you found it on Mom, you'd lose your shit, just like you're doing right now." Diego explained, pointing his knife towards Luther.

"Diego, you son of a bitch."

"Hey. No. Calm down." Vanya piped up. "Look, I know dad wasn't exactly an open book. But I do remember one thing he said. Mom was, well, designed to be a caretaker, but...also a protector."

"What does that mean?"

"She was programmed to intervene if someone's life was in jeopardy."

"Well, if her hardware is degrading, then...we need to turn her off."

"Woah, woah, woah, woah, wait. She's not just a vacuum cleaner you can throw in a closet. She feels things, I've seen it!"

"She just stood there Diego, and watched our father die."

"I'm with Luther." Alison piped.

"Surprise, surprise." Diego mocked.

"Shut up."

The two boys turned to Vanya, "-I-I dont-"

"Yeah, She shouldn't get a vote."

"Wh-" Luther started.

"I was going to say I agree with you."

"Okay. She should get a vote. What about you stoner boy? What do you got?"

"Oh, so, what? You need my help now?"

"I'm with Diego." I stated, giving Luther a fake grin.

"And as the girl said, you want her, you get me too. I'm with Diego too. And if Ben were here, he'd agree with me." Klaus added, before turning slightly and hissed.

"So that's four to two."

"They count as one." Luther pointed towards Klaus and I.

"Vote's not final yet."

"What?"

"Five's not here."

"Five hasn't been here for years, why wait now?"

Diego turned to me with a grin and pointed his knife towards my face, "fair point."

"No, we should wait." Vanya says.