34

"You said you haven't been able to conjure anyone in years."

"Ah, yes, I know, but I'm sober. Ta-da!"

"Well done Klaus." I whisper.

"He smiled softly, "thank you y/n. I got clean, yesterday, to talk to someone special and then ended up having this... conversation with dear old Daddy himself."

"Has anyone got any aspirin?"

"Top shelf, next to the crackers."

"Hey, hey, hey. This is serious, guys, all right? This really happened, I swear."

"Okay, fine. I'll play. What did the old man have to say?"

"Well he gave my the usual lecture about my appearance and my failures in life. Yada yada yada. No surprise there. Even the afterlife couldn't soften a hardass like dad, right? But he did mention something about his murder, or lack of because...he killed himself."

"I don't have time for your games, Klaus."

"I'm telling you the truth Luther. I'm telling you the truth."

"Why'd he do it then?"

"He said it was Theo not way to get us all joke again."

"No. Dad wouldn't just kill himself." Luther growled.

"Ah, you said it yourself. He was depressed. Holed up in his office and room all day and night." I point out.

"No there weren't any signs. Suicidal people exhibit certain tendencies, strange behaviours."

"Like sending someone to the moon for no reason?" Klaus questioned.

"I swear to go Klaus if you're lying..."

"I'm not. I'm not."

"Master Klaus is correct." Pogo entered the room.

"Pogo? You knew?" I ask.

"Regretfully, i helped Master Hargreaves enact his plan."

"What?"

"So did Grace. It was a difficult choice for both of us. More difficult than you could ever know. Prior to your father's death, Grace's programming was adjusted so that she was incapable of administering first aid on that fateful night."

"Sick bastard." Five mumbled.

"You can say that again." I whisper.

"So the security tape we saw?"

"It was meant to further the murder mystery. Your father hoped that being back here, solving it together...would reignite your desire to be a team again."

"And to what end?"

"To save the world, of course."

Klaus chuckled, "all right."

"First the moon mission and now this. You watched me search for answers and said nothing."

Pogo's face dropped, as did mine. Pogo was never seen sad ever. It was an unfamiliar sight.

"Anything else you want to share, Pogo? Any other damn secrets?"

I pushed my chair back and stood in front of Pogo facing Luther. "Lay off Luther! No one give a shit about you're moon mission. It's all you talk about. We have more important things we need to do than scream at one of the people who took care of us all our lives okay. So grow the fuck up."

"It was your father's dying wish, Master Luther. I...I had no choice."

He neared the two of us. "There's always a choice."

"Is there Luther? Did we choose to be brought into this family? Did we choose if we wanted to join the academy? Did we?!" I began to yell in his face. Mid way I had turned into my thirty year old self. But I switched back and turned to Pogo. "I'm sorry Pogo, you can go."