30

He walked through and I was close behind and it was mum. Dusting.

"Mum?" Diego questioned.

"Oh! Hello, Diego, dear. And my beautiful y/n."

"How are you?" I asked.

"Walking around?" Diego adds, taking a hold of her hand and flipping it to see the stitching up her arm.

"One foot in front of the other." She giggles, "why? How do you do it?"

"What's the last thing you remember?" Diego asks, sceptically.

"Oh, well let's see... March 21st. Sunset was 7:33pm. Moon was waxing crescent. Dinner was Cornish hen, rice, carrots."

"Mum." Diego starts, "that was over a week ago."

"Do you remember anything else?"

She seems to of looked behind Diego and I. I turned to see the edge of a walking stick disappearing behind the door frame.

"No." Mom shakes her head. "I suppose that's odd. I wonder what the weather is like today. It would be nice to go to the park."

"Dad never let you off the grounds." Diego stated.

She took his hand in hers and looked at him in the eyes. "Your father isn't here anymore."

Diego shook his head slightly and chuckled, "you can do whatever you want, Mum."

She then walked away with a smile.

~

It was now night time and the sky was dark, not a star in sight. "Dad was wrong for keeping you locked up all those years." Diego had said. "I should of said something."

"We should of said something." I continued.

"There is something else that needs to be said." Mum stopped. "Pogo and I...we've been lying. Lying to all of you."

~

"Well, we all fought together against whoever was responsible." Luther explained, clearly not wanting to say the entire thing.

"And we were all dead." I yell.

"We all died fight this thing the first time around. What gets us the win this time?" Klaus pointed out.

"Klaus, shockingly, has a point. What gives us a win this time?"

My eyes were closed as Klaus held my head in his lap. The sound of electricity crackles soon made me jump to my feet, recognising them anywhere.

Five had fallen onto the table, seeming to be just on time. As if it were planned.

Shuffling through his pockets once he got up, he pulled out a crumpled piece of paper and passed it to me.

Allison, Luther, Diego and Klaus came in closer to get a look. I read aloud, "'protect Harold Jenkins', who the fuck is Harold Jenkins?"

Five finished off his coffee before throwing it to the back of the living room, "I don't know...yet. But I do know he is responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him and we have to do it now."

"How is he connected to what's going to happen?"

"I don't know."

I raised my voice, "wait, so you only know his name? That's it?!"

"That's enough." Five has said.

"There's probably dozens of Jenkins'"

"Well we better start looking, then."