03

"Going where?" I hear Holly ask behind me.

"Shit." I whisper under my breath as my eyes grow wide before I turn around, "home?"

"Hmm, okay."

I then snuck into the back and grabbed my coat, slipping it around my waist and pulling it tight. Afterwards, I crept out the back door, and ran.

The air was sharp. Pushing my hair out of my face as I raced down the many shortcuts to my apartment.

The town I lived in wasn't the best, I was barely able to afford my rent. Earning barely six pound an hour was almost impossible to live off.

Once I slipped inside I ran over to the phone and began punching in the number. It rang for a moment before someone picked up.

"Miss y/n?"

"Pogo!"

"Have you made your mind up?"

"I'm coming over, but could you maybe send me some money, i don't want to waste money getting to that monsters funeral."

"Of course Miss y/n, I will see you soon."

Once he had put the phone down I immediately rushed to my bedroom and pulled my bag from under my bed.

I shoved all of my belonging; which wasn't much, into the large bag before sealing it shut.

8:43pm. I yawned. I slipped into my pyjamas then, under my bed covers, pulling them up to my chin before drifting off to sleep.

~

The next morning was hectic. Pogo hadn't sent the money over but a plane ticket. That was leaving in just under an hour.

I ran round my apartment looking for my passport, finding it underneath the toaster. Then, I rang an Uber which arrived not long after.

Soon I arrived at the airport, I tapped my foot on the floor impatiently as the line for security was long and slow. I groaned in annoyance before checking my phone. 7:56am. Just about twenty five minutes.

Finally getting to the scanner, it beeped. Meaning I got searched. Wasting ten, long, minutes.

I ran through the many crowds scattered around the airport before finally arriving at my gate.

I stopped for a second, placing my hands on my knees, letting out short breaths. There were four minutes to spare.

Once i had regained my breath, I made my way through the tunnel from the gate to the plane and taking my seat. Pogo, surprisingly, hadn't let me take a seat in economy, but first class. The only good thing that will come out of that man dying.

~

I arrived at two in the afternoon. The weather was much warmer here than in England. Pogo, had also sent someone to escort me to the house.

The car was black and smelt of absolutely nothing. I let my head fall again the window lightly as i watched the rain begin to fall.

The drive was silent and seemed to go on forever. I put my earphones in before returning to the previous position.

Suddenly, the car came to a halt and I saw the enormous building outside the window. I was back. Back home.