22

"Luther! Go!" Diego yelled.

"You two, go and hide." Luther ordered.

"No." I answer quickly, running around and back to the hall to see Vanya step into the living room and a metal ball swing across her head.

"Don't touch her!" I yell, running up to him but sliding through his legs and helping Vanya up, while the man charged towards Luther. "Let's get you out of here." I whisper, taking Vanya by the hand hiding behind the door.

Vanya's breaths were heavy but she held them when the man walked in. He turned to look before I emerged and kicked him right in the shin.

He punched me in the face, sending me a meter back but he hadn't seen Vanya. The man then ran.

"Vanya, go and hide behind there, don't come out until I tell you." I order, pointing towards the wooden desk that held all of the liquor.

I run back into the hall to see Luther on the ground. "Luther!" Allison cries as we circle him. "Come on, Luther. Get up."

"You have got to cut down on the fast food soldier." Diego joked, pulling him up.

I look up to the the two intruders on the bannister. I watch them as they stare back.

Then next thing I knew the chandelier was falling from the ceiling. I was pushed out of the way. Luther was the only one left, stood in the centre.

Grabbing a part of Luther coat from the floor that had been ripped off, I clamped it in my hand, turning into my brother. Then running and shoving him out of the way, as well as myself.

I then dropped the fabric, turning back into myself. "You're welcome."

But Luther's coat had ripped off of his body with his shirt, exposing his torso that was covered in hair.

"Holy shit." Diego gasped.

Vanya was now at the door as I gave her a frown, but everyone continued to stare at Luther.

"Monkey man." I laugh to myself, earning a few odd looks.

He gives Allison one last look before pushing past Diego and disappearing upstairs.

"Did you know?" Vanya asked, looking towards Allison.

"No."

It was now silent. Almost silent. Humming filled the air before Diego spoke. "Shit. Mom."

I stood still in the hall gazed as Diego ran upstairs and Vanya and Allison entered the living room.

"Y/n?" I hear Vanya ask. I snapped back to reality turning to the two girls.

"Sorry." I shake my head, entering the room.

"Thanks, for saving me."

I smile, not saying a word before falling onto the sofa.

"So, who were those people?"

"I don't know, but we are lucky to be-"

"They will come back, again and again until they get whatever they want." I interrupt.

"Yeah." Diego breathes shakily.

"Diego?"

"What are you still doing here?" He asked Vanya.

"I'm just trying to help."

"No, you could of been killed!"

"But she wasn't!" I shout back, stepping in front of the boy, "so, back off!"

"She is a liability."

"Allison? Y/n?"

"I think what he is trying to say is that this kind of stuff is dangerous. You're just-"

"Not like you."

I take a seat beside Vanya and take her hand in mine, "sometimes, that's not a bad thing."