05

"And here we go." Diego rolled his eyes.

"I don't understand." Vanya piped up, not spoken yet. "I thought they said it was a heart attack."

"Yeah apparently."

"Well shouldn't the doctors know."

"Theoretically."

"Theoretically?"

Klaus then brought his lips close to my ear and whispered, "this is getting pretty boring don't you think?"

"One hundred percent." I chuckle, taking one, long sip of my drink.

"-he told me something strange." Luther finished.

Me being drunk, I didn't swallow my drink but simply gargled, "please tell us." Before almost chocking in the liquid from laughter, Klaus too.

"He sounded on edge, told me to be careful with who I trust."

Diego got to his feet, "Luther, well, he was a bitter old man that started to lose what was left of his marbles."

"Yeah, but he must have known something was going to happen." Luther protested, then turning towards Klaus. "Look, I know you don't want to do it but you're going to have to talk to dad."

"I can't just call dad in the afterlife and be like, dad, stop playing tennis with Hitler for a moment to take a quick call." Klaus mocked.

"Since when is it not your thing?"

"I'm not in the right state of mind."

"You're high." Allison simplified.

"Yeah." He confirmed, "how are you not? listening to this nonsense."

"Well sober up, this is important."

I scoffed, "him? Sober up? You must be joking."

But Luther seemed to ignore me, "and there is the issue of the missing monocle."

"Who gives a shit about a stupid monocle."

"Exactly, it was worthless, so whoever took it I think it was personal. Someone close to him, someone with a grudge." Luther continued to waffle about dads death and yet while one half of me attempted to ignore his voice the other couldn't stop listening. Because knowing father, he was up to something.

"Where are you going with this?" Klaus asks,

"Oh, isn't it obvious Klaus? He thinks one of us killed dad." Diego says neutrally.

"You do!" Klaus realises,

"What the fuck Luther?" I yell. That however was off the table.

Vanya gasped quietly, "how could you think that?"

"Great job Luther, way to lead." Diego finally finished, then walking out of the room.

"That's not what I'm saying." Luther tried to recover himself.

Klaus and I pushed off of the couch in unison as he said, "you're crazy man, you're crazy."

"I'm not finished." Luther growls.

"Sorry, we're just going to kill mum, be right back." I said sarcastically.

"That's not what I'm saying, I didn't-" Luther sighs as we leave the room.

17 years ago.

"Hey get them behind the counter." The man ordered, holding a walkie-talkie up to his ear. "Now you have put me into a position when I have to do something I don't want to do." He groaned. "Shit!"

Allison and I then stepped side by side of the man as he stared at us confused. "Hey, get back with the others."

"I heard a rumor." Allison says.

"What? What did you say?"

She leans in closer, as does the man. "I hear a rumor, that you shot your friend in the foot."

He did as she said before I formed electricity at the top of my finger and bringing it to his neck, knocking him out.

Luther then came crashing in through the ceiling and throwing one of the men out the window effortlessly.

Diego came in next, "guns are for sissies, real men use knives." He yelled, throwing two knives towards us but they turned in mid air, and stapling a man to the wall.

"Hey be carefully up there buddy." Diego laughed as one of the other men stood on the counter, pointing his gun towards the four of us.

"Wouldn't want you to get hurt." I mocked with a smile.