24

Lance stopped the car around the corner from the lab. The three of us began to walk towards it when the flames came into sight.

Five and I rushed towards the front of the building. I gasped before the entrance exploded sending us both to the ground.

I could barely keep my eyes open and I began to see stars before I blacked out.

Five's pov.

I coughed before pushing myself off of the ground. Sirens blared as Lance looked at me from the side.

Y/n.

I turned to see her on the ground, eyes shut. Possibly unconscious. I rushed over to her and sat beside her.

Checking for a pulse, it was barely there. "No, no, no, you can't die, I just got you back, I swear to fucking god you better not die! Y/n please."

The alarms got louder as people off of the sidewalk began to crowd around the burning building but keeping their distance. Other than Lance who had disappeared.

"Please wake up, y/n please, please." I repeated, keeping a tight grip on her hand.

A fire truck stopped beside us and an ambulance on the other side. "Come on kid." A man said from behind me as two others put y/n onto a bed and rolled her into the back of the truck. "Where are your parents?"

"They're dead. So, just let me see her, please." I begged.

"Sorry, adults only." The man said bluntly.

"Y/n!" I began to scream as the door of the ambulance shut and drove away while two others waited to see if there were any other survivors in the building.

"No." I repeated into my hands, shaking my head. "I shouldn't of let her come."

~

All I remembered next was waking up in an unfamiliar room with Luther right in front of my face. My head was pounding and I groaned in pain.

"Five, why are Hazel and Cha-Cha looking for you?"

"Y/n." Was all I could get out before jumping to my feet.

"What about y/n?"

"She, she is in hospital, we need to go there, now." I ordered, heading towards the door.

"Wait, What? Why is she in hospital?"

"The explosion, she got to close and it went her flying backwards and they wouldn't let me stay with her either. We need to find her."

"We will." Luther swore, following me to the door and to the van outside.

~

The drive felt as if it lasted forever as I tapped my foot impatiently on the floor and my hands began to sweat.

I looked over at Luther who seemed to be okay but I knew he was worried. As much as me? Nope. Still quite a lot? Yes.

I watched him begin to tap his finger on the wheel and clench his jaw tight. "At what age is she?"

"Thirteen."

"Okay then, let's go and get y/n."