Chapter 1

Torie's POV

*Present Now*

I was walking through the forest as my first solo hunt would be starting in a few days, and to say I was nervous was an understatement but I knew I was ready for it. Even when Nicole argued with my Mentor Tri'ste on the matter she thought I wasn't ready that I still had a lot to learn, but Tri'ste insisted that I was of age to take on my first hunt and it was the only way to find out of how far in my training I have come and work with me on what needed improvement. Nicole always acting as a mother to everyone especially to little Neveah who is so cute! I wish she could stay that even though Neveah's a whole year older than her siblings and few months to add to it, she is still a child at heart as she should be. Though I can't say as much for her younger siblings who almost copy her every move and mine as well. Only three years had passed and I already have a three year old niece named Neveah, four two year olds, twin one year year olds, and three more nieces or nephews on the way very soon. Yeah, you can tell I have a lot on my plate with helping nicole take care of her children even though she had more patients than I did even when they misbehaved. As for my little pet panther he got big, shoot he grew as big as a horse! And I finally came up with a name for him, I call him Fang, with the help from my friend Vayuh'ta and of course my partner in crime as I like to call him. Even though he doesn't care much for the pranks I like to put on others every once in a while, I even got my nieces and nephews to join me in a little mischief.

"TORIE!!!" Shouted an all to familiar voice as I tried to run away I zipped through the branches of the trees with ease as I swung using the vines, but sadly I bumped into a hard chest as I tried to make my escape with peace and quiet. They caused me fall with them as they landed with ease as did I trying hard to not make a sound whatsoever.

"Hey, watch... uhh, I mean, oh hey Tri'ste-" I say but get cut off by an infuriated Tri'ste as he grabs the back of my collar starts dragging me back to the camp where all the other hunters are.

"Awe come on! Really? Is this much force necessary? I can walk you know!" I shouted as Tri'ste continued to drag me back to camp once we got there though Fang was standing guard growling at Tri'ste.

*GROWL*

"Tell your pet to get out of my way," said Tri'ste losing his patients with me as he throws me at Fangs paws while I glare at him.

"He wouldn't be in your way if you just let me walk instead of trying to manhandle me and drag me back to camp." I say huffing and dusting myself off as I glare at Tri'ste and him returning my glare as Fang puts his huge size head under my arm purring at me and growling at Tri'ste.

"You left me no choice the last time I let you walk on your own I had to chase after you again because ran off!" shouted Tri'ste as I pout like a child even though I'm almost fourteen both him and Nicole treat me like a child. "I mean come on I'm thirteen almost fourteen, I'm more than capable of handling my own I don't need them to look over my shoulder all the time." I thought in my head.

"Ugh, pup you still have a lot to learn before you are able to be a true warrior and huntress," said Tri'ste exhausted from arguing with me and heads inside the camp with me riding on fang and following him into the camp and some Yautja groaning as they had lost a bet of course Vayuh'ta was receiving the majority of the wins but he would share his winning with me later.

"Caught again Torie when will you learn?" said Vayuh'ta as he shakes his head at me as I get off fang and smirk at him.

"And your one to talk, so what's today's quota?" I ask Vayuh'ta as he hands me a small bag with units inside of it. Fun fact about how we all get the money around here, well you see parents and in my case Colie gives me a small allowance so I can learn to save my money and not spend it all the time. Since we are all basically on our own for about a month that goes without saying that many of us will frequently visited by our mothers or families like me.