Chapter 30

Previously on Torie's POV

.

.

.

"Ok children you what family is right?" I asked them as they nodded their little heads as I explained what the meaning of family is.

"Yes it's people who you are related to right?" asked Roshan and I chuckled at him.

"In a manner of speaking that isn't always the case, do you all want me to explain the deeper meaning behind family?" I asked as they all looked at each other and then at me and nodded their heads.

"Alright little munchkins, this is what the meaning of family, it's when you drive each other crazy, you always argue, you never get what the other is doing. Yet you have this uncontrollable urge to defend them if something were to happen to them, you show you care instead of saying it, and you know they are more than an acquaintance, they aren't just a friend to have your back, they are the ones you trust even when you both don't agree on something. That's family it's the ones you know that care about you and will do anything for you in the worst of times and you don't have to be related by blood to figure that out." I say as they all nodded and smiled at each other and I then catch a plate that almost hits my head.

"Oie! Watch where your throwing things damn it! You almost hit my head for the second time now!" I yelled as I got caught up in the dispute and started to argue with Tri'ste and La'jar while Nicole and Leah started to laugh at the scenario and even a few of the children started to copy us as the rest of the table seemed to look at us as if we were crazy and said how well we were getting along.

This, this was family to me.

Vayuh'ta's POV

I waited and waited for Torie to come back it was over a year now and a few months I was waiting at home anxious for her return. When my father came home I was ecstatic he was here my four brothers were happy as well when they ran into his open arms and I greeted him as well glad he was home and I asked my father about Torie as he chuckled and told her tales to the rest of us and how she not only won her freedom but managed to all sorts of things I was so happy that Torie was ok and I wanted to see her so badly but my father told me I would get my chance at the banquet tonight when we go with the whole clan. I then got ready and wore my best armor and made sure it was polished before we left I wanted to see Torie so badly my mother was a little shaken up when she saw how nice I looked and didn't think anything of it since the 'whole clan would be there' she thought that she should dress up as well and smiled with pride.

This is what Vayuh'ta is wearing:

"Ready?" Asked my father we made our way to the banquet

"I was so excited and nervous I think was the word though I had no idea why? Sadly, luck was not on my side as I couldn't meet Torie then and had promised myself the next time I see her I'll-" I thought in my head as I was cut off from my train of thought when I heard a crash from inside the house and my brothers causing a ruckus again I believe Torie called it cabin fever.